𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

"Mr. Morningstar—It's a pleasure meeting you!" The middle-aged woman says, shaking Lucifer's hand.

"The pleasure's all mine, Olivia. This is my daughter, Yvi. Yvi, this is Principal Long."

I smile, "Hello, Principal Long. It's nice to meet you!" 

Mazikeen coughs as a way to get everyone's attention.

"Oh, how rude of me. This is Yvi's mother, Mazikeen, A.K.A my lovely wife," My father grits, side hugging Maze.

She stands in Lucifer's embrace with a broad smile, clearly peeved.

"Yep, Yvi's our little creation," Maze says, bopping his nose while continuing to stare at him like she was secretly plotting his murder. 

"Well, I'd love to hear all about your daughter. Please, take a seat." 

Lucifer, Maze, and I take a seat in front of Principal Long's desk.

"So, why did you choose to enroll here at Sunset High?"

"Well—because it's very close to our home, and I just love the different things this school has to offer," I state.

"That's great the hear, Yvi. I looked at your resume, and you have an impressive record. A straight-A student with no seen problems from your previous schools—I have no reason not to let you attend Sunset."

My eyes light up and I grin widely, looking at Lucifer as he gives me a wink. He must've paid someone a lot of money to create that convincing of a resume.

"Congratulations Yvi Morningstar—you are now officially a junior Sunset High School."

She gives me a folder with all the information I need for school.

"In that folder is your schedule, list of supplies, and applications to any clubs or extracurricular activities you would like to join. Our school is from primary to high school, so make sure you enter the correct building tomorrow."

Once we get up and say our goodbyes to the principal, the three of us walk out of her office.

"Holy shit—Thank fuck that's finally over," Mazikeen sighs.

"Ditto Mazie," Lucifer responds.

"Call me that, and I'll slit your throat."

As we walk down the hall to get to my father's car, I notice the students stare at us as we pass by. The adolescent stares and whisperings spiked the anxiety that was growing within me the past few days. It was the most uncomfortable thing I've ever experienced.

 I sigh with relief as we make it out of the high school and get into Lucifer's Chevrolet Corvette. 

I've only spent an hour at school, and I'm already starting to have my doubts.

[ ]

After dropping Maze off at Lux, Lucifer drives me to the store Staples to get school supplies. 

"I never thought that I'd be waltzing in here, with a child," My father confesses. 

I don't respond, due to myself being distracted in trying to find the correct supplies. 

"So, I have a three-inch-thick binder, folder dividers, lined paper, graph paper, a pencil case, pencils, pens, and erasers," I list. "I'm missing white-out, post-it notes, highlighters, a scientific calculator, and a ruler." 

I push the cart at a fast speed to hurry with my shopping. As I'm racing down the aisles, my cart collided with someone, causing them to fall to the floor. My face contorts into an expression of shock and concern. 

"Oh my—I'm so sorry," I apologize. I walk to the front of my cart and kneel to meet the person I hit, "Are you okay?" 

"Yeah, don't worry—I'm fine," He groans. 

I take a glance at the boy's face. Wow, he's dreamy. As I'm checking him out, the boy takes a gander at me as well. 

"Hey, aren't you the new girl at Sunset High?" He asks. 

"Well, I'm starting tomorrow. How'd you know?"

"Almost everyone saw you in the hall during nutrition," The boy confesses, standing up from the ground, giving me a hand off the floor as well. "They were talking about how your dad owns Lux. Is that true?" 

I nod. 

"Wow—That's really cool! Don't tell anyone but my friends and I go there all the time," 

We both chuckle. 

"Speaking of high school, aren't you supposed to be there?" 

The boy blushes, "Well, I–" 

"It's fine—I won't tell anyone," I interrupt. 

"Well, I decided to skip school. I learn nothing from that shit hole, so I might as well," He adds. 

I shake my head, "First of all, quite an odd place to be when playing hooky. Secondly, you shouldn't skip school—It's very important." 

"In what sense?" The boy questions, smirking. 

"Well, if you do well in school, it will get you into university, which can get you a job!" 

"Nice observation," He jokes. "What year are you in?" 

"I'm a junior," I respond. 

"Well, I see that you are too young to understand what it's like being a senior, so I'll spare you the crap." 

I cross my arms, raising my eyebrows. "Trust me, I may look petite and young, but I'm smarter than you think, Senior."  

"Well, Junior—you'll just have to prove it to me then. We have eight long months together in the same building," The boy smirks. 

"I guess I will," I smile innocently.

Senior chuckles, as do I, "It's Brian, by the way. My name's Brian Sanchez." 

"Well, It's nice to meet you, Brian. I'm Yvi Morningstar." 

"Yeah, I know," Brian jokes as I stay still. "See you around, Junior."

Brian walks away as I continue to stay in place. What in grandfather's name just happened? Once he's out of sight, I push my cart and grab the remaining supplies from the list. 

LUCIFER'S POV 

As I'm scrolling through my cellphone, I hear a crash from the other aisle. I, out of curiosity, walk over to the commotion, and spot Yvi kneeling as she's consulting someone who is on the floor. I inspect the scene further, without being seen, and see that it was a boy.

"What on Earth?" I whisper to myself. 

 I stare at the two teenagers for a longer period of time. The more I glare, though, the more I get angry, so I walk away. Why am I upset? I shouldn't care about that urchin. She should mean nothing to me, but the truth is—a small part of me cares, which makes me perplexed and afraid.