𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞

YVI'S POV

The car ride was silent. There was nothing to be said regarding tonight's events, so I found it hard to converse with Sam on the way back home. Sam felt the same, so he didn't try to add any of his usual commentaries. 

As we arrived back at my place, the car slowed in front of the bustling nightclub. 

Sam sighed, pressing a button in his car to unlock its doors. "I'm so sorry about what happened tonight. If I knew how the party would've ended, I wouldn't have invited you."

"You couldn't have possibly known, so don't be sorry," I responded. "Thank you for picking me up and dropping me back off at home, though."

"It's no problem, Yvi. I kinda owe you for taking me to school everyday while my car was in the repair shop."

"I guess we're even then," I weakly smiled. "Take care, Sam."

"You too," Sam replied, giving me a tight hug before I got out of his black Jeep and made my way into Lux and back to the penthouse. 

The elevator doors opening revealed Lucifer, standing there as if he had been waiting for me to return home. 

I rolled my eyes, not in the mood for any of his banter. Attempting to pass him in an effort to head to my room, Lucifer stepped in front of me, stopping me in my tracks. 

"You're back early," He noted.

"Yes, I am Lucifer. Thank you for pointing that out," I stated with sarcasm. "Why were you standing at the entrance waiting for me? Don't you have a nightclub to run?"

"Why yes, but I'm too exhausted," Lucifer fake-yawned. "And I had a feeling you'd show up any moment, so I decided to wait so we could chat."

"Lucifer, Lord of Hell, exhausted? That's a first."

Lucifer raised his hands, making a W shape with his arms, "Well offspring, being me has its quirks." 

I sighed as I go to walk away again until Lucifer grabbed my chin, forcing me to look into his eyes. He closely examined my facial expression in an attempt to read me, which he's gotten really good at, even without a close examination.

I'm not too fond of when he does that.

"Something's wrong." He noted coldly, raising an eyebrow. "What happened?"

"Like you care," I replied with attitude. 

I could tell that my behavior annoyed him, but he seemed to be trying to put his anger aside. Interesting...

"I'm being serious, Yvi. I simply want to know what happened."

I groaned, giving in and deciding to humor the idea of telling Lucifer the shit-few days I've had. 

Maybe it'll get him to soften up a bit. 

I sat on the leather couch in the living room area, as did Lucifer.

"Before we start," I began. "Do you actually want to know why I'm upset, or are you hearing me out because of pity?"

Lucifer chuckled, "Me? Doing things out of pity? Has never happened and will never happen." 

Lucifer realized my annoyance at his constant witty commentary and changed his joking tone to a more neutral one. "My apologizes. You may begin."

"Anyways," I coughed. "You were right. I should've stayed away from Brian. He ended up breaking my heart, just as you predicted."