𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝖘𝖎𝖝

"Good," Lucifer stated nonchalantly, letting go of my face before signaling his accomplice off me. "I'm glad we've come to some sort of agreement."

I looked at the man in disbelief.

The whole situation was crazy.

"Come on, don't be too sad. You're a ravishing young man, I'm sure you'll find someone else within the week."

Lucifer and Maze head for the front door, but before they can leave, I said, "Sir, before you leave–"

The two turn in back in my direction.

"I just want you to know that I have strong feelings for Yvi, and I'm still unsure why you're not letting us be together. Can you just tell me why?"

Lucifer groans. "Look, it's not about you. My daughter's just not emotionally available—now and forever. So, I suggest that you stay away from her—for Yvi's sake, and yours."

[ ]

YVI'S POV

*next day*

[LOOK BELOW]

"I can't believe Brian blocked you," Sasha stated in disbelief, taking a sip from her bottle of iced tea

Alisa's face twisted into that of confusion. "What even happened to make him do that?"

"I'm not sure, the last time I talked to him was yesterday when I briefly stopped by his house and left in a rush. I didn't even know he blocked me until I tried to send him a message last night and it was immediately received as undelivered. I searched what that meant on Google, and eventually found out that it meant I was blocked."

Kala sighed out of sympathy. "I'm so sorry Yvi, I know you really liked him."

"Don't say that Kala, you're gonna to make her think that their relationship is officially over." Sasha hushed her sister. "Maybe's it's a misunderstanding, you just have ask him, Yvi."

I peered over at Brian's usual lunch table and could see him laughing with his friends.

As I got more and more courage to confront the boy, I sat up from my seat, and Sasha immediately grabbed my wrist. "What are you doing?"

"I'm going to ask Brian why he blocked me. If I'm going to confront him, it's better to do it now."

Sasha let go of my wrist, which allowed me to make my way to the busy table. I tapped Brian's shoulder, and in response, he turned around to face me.

His facial expression had shifted from that of amusement from speaking with his friends to nothing—actually, he looked utterly emotionless. "What are you doing here?"