𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖋𝖎𝖛𝖊

As soon as we walk out onto the street, Mazikeen leads me to a parking lot, where hundreds of vehicles are parked. I'm guessing that Maze has a car in this lot, so I follow her around the lot. Without warning, she uses her elbow to smash the driver's side window of some random car. 

I gasp in shock. "What on earth!?"

"What? We at least have a ride now," Maze states nonchalantly. 

I scoff. "Well, I'd rather walk. I'm not getting into a stolen car!" 

She then unlocks the car door from inside the broken window and gets in. 

"Hurry up. I don't have time for your bickering." 

I sigh, finally obliging. Mazikeen leans to her right to open the passenger side door, and I quickly hop. Maze proceeds to then hotwire the car and drives off once the engine turns on.

"Any ideas of where you want to go?"

"No, not really," I reply. 

"Good." 

[ ]

Mazikeen parks in front of a large building. I immediately notice people walk in and out of its large doors. 

"It's called a mall. This is where people go shopping." 

I nod in understanding. 

We get out of the vehicle and walk into the mall. Stores littered the large space. Moving stairs were placed perfectly on each floor, and mortals walked by us, minding their own business. 

"Wow," is all I can muster up to say as I examine the large setting I'm in. 

Maze and I continue to walk around, admiring the cute outfits from the different stores' display. After a couple of minutes, I spot a shop that catches my eye. Mazikeen notices my interest in the clothing store, "All the teenagers shop there."  

In bold and large letters, Urban Outfitters is plaqued above the store's entrance. 

"Luckily, Lucifer left his credit card at home," Maze says, holding up the thin piece of plastic.

My eyes light up. "What are we waiting for? Let's go shop!" I exclaim, running into the store. 

Mazikeen chuckles to herself and follows close behind me. 

"Now, don't buy the whole store. We don't want father-dearest sending you back to Hell so soon." 

I walk around Urban Outfitters, grabbing some pants, shirts, dresses, skirts, undergarments, and shoes. I show them to Maze, and after her approval of what I picked, we pay at the cash register. 

"That will be $3,450.79," The lady behind the counter says. 

I turn my head to look at Mazikeen. 

"Whatever, your father can afford it," She states, proceeding to hand the credit card over to the lady. 

"I can't wait to see your father's reaction when he sees this," Maze says, pointing to the large shopping bags. 

I nervously laugh, anticipating what Lucifer will say about my overspending. 

[ ]

An hour and a half as passed and all we've been doing is shop shop, and did I say shop?  Maze and I, in that time frame, decided to get a bite to eat since we were both starving. After, we go back to the car and drive off. 

While driving, Maze notices something and seems annoyed. "For fuck's sake," She groans. 

I look back and see a cop car following close behind us. 

"To the two ladies in the red mustang, pull the car over immediately," The cop demands from the speakers of the vehicle. 

"Hold on tight." 

Before I can say anything else, she harshly steps on the gas pedal, making the car go faster. We went from 31 mph to 61 mph. 

"Mazikeen, slow down!" I, frightened, exclaim. 

"Sorry, but I'm not trying to get arrested. Not today." 

Mazikeen steps, more harshly, onto the gas pedal. The cop continues to race behind us, along with three other police cars now. 

"Holy shi–" 

I'm interrupted by Mazikeen slamming on the breaks. I immediately get whiplash as the vehicle comes to a quick halt. Cop cars surround us as the police officers aim their guns towards us. 

"Both of you step out of the vehicle and put your hands over your head," One of the cops yell. 

We oblige, doing as told. Two cops cautiously run to me and Mazikeen, handcuffing us. 

"Mazikeen Smith and Yvi Morningstar, you're both under arrest for vehicle theft."

I groan as we are put into the back of a police car. "I told you so." 

"Shut up," Maze hisses.