Chapter 5

"Is everything okay,?" Zara waved her hand in front of my face as she noticed the frown on my face.

She followed my gaze and sighed, "Who's that guy?"

"Nevermind, he's a schmuck" I averted my gaze and focused my all attention on Zara.

"Ooo, so you just came yesterday and already had encounters with people," she cooed.

" Leave it, bro," I said in a bored tone and shoved a piece of sandwich in my mouth.

"So what were you telling me??" She wiped her mouth from a napkin and raised her brows.

"Umm, I was in Benson Town for some part-time job but I didn't get any"  I completed my sentence with a weak smile.

" Wait- but Whyy? I mean how can you manage? Job and college..." She gave me a weird look. To be honest, I didn't wanna tell her anything but I had no choice.

I told her my story in short and she hugged me tightly.
"I'm sorry, you had to go through all these things," her eyes were shining from some tears. I didn't even tell her everything.

"We should go, professor is gonna kill us," I stood from my chair and held her hand.

We were walking silently towards the classroom when she handed me something, as I saw it, my eyes widened. I felt disgusting. It was money, freaking money...

What was she doing to me?? I hate sympathy, I hate.....

"What the hell," I jerked her hands away and gave her a hurt look.

"Zaynah, shit I'm sorry... I didn't mean this" maybe she understood.

" Zara...I can't believe it," I pushed back the tears and sighed.

" Zaynah, I was just helping you cuz you're my friend not out of any sympathy. You can return me later but how are you gonna survive without money, also we will find a job for you tomorrow, don't give me this look, please," she broke in her tears and I was stunned. I wasn't familiar with this type of cordiality, it was new for me.

I pulled her in a hug and smiled. I didn't know about her much but my heart wanted to trust that beautiful girl. My lips formed in a full smile as on the second day of IISC, I found the first friend of my life.

*****

"So your little ass is making new friends, cool," as I stepped into my room, a high-pitched voice hit my ear. Farwa was laying down on the bed with a packet of chips and a laptop.

"Yeah, do you have any problem with that,?" I gave her my sly smile.

" Lol, I ain't interested in stupid girls like you," she rolled her eyes and put headphones on her head.

Seriously, I wasn't getting what was her problem, I mean she was throwing shades at me for no reason. I took a small shower and started walking outside the hostel.

I was lost in my thoughts when I bumped into something hard, it was a stupid pole... I lost my balance and as I was about to fall when my body stopped in mid-air. Two strong arms tightened their hold on my waist and electricity shot from my body. I flinched from that unknown touch and turned my head.

Damnnn, Wajahat...what was he doing here? And did he really help me? I can't believe it. I mean he was rude and selfish in the morning...

"You can drool over me later," I came back from my stupid thought and stared at him like an idiot. His dark brown eyes showed a hint of annoyance.