Chapter 22

"One macchiato and one cappuccino please," he passed a sophisticated smile at the waiter.

"Umm, cappuccino for????" I raised my eyebrows.

"You,"

"How do you even know?" I stared at him in confusion.

"Last time, I saw you," he smiled sheepishly.

"You remember? Wow, " I laughed out.

"I notice every little thing of my people," he said looking straight into my eyes.

"My people"...Damnnn!

"Umm noice, " I laughed awkwardly.

"Zaynah, " I didn't know if my name was that beautiful or it sounds beautiful from his mouth.

"Yeah, "I calmed my breath.

"Can we hang out again like this... I mean, ummm," he started scratching the back of his neck nervously.

"Umm... I don't know, umm I mean We are friends, good friends... I guess there's no harm in hanging out, " I replied him cautiously, I knew what he wanted to say, but it wasn't possible for me.

"Noice, Thank you," his smile faded a bit but soon he plastered a mask on it.

"So what about you? I mean college and your family" I changed the topic to cut the weird awkwardness between us.

" Well you know my name and college already, I'm twenty years old guy in my third year of engineering and...ummm...my family lives in the small town of Karnataka, my father owns a general store, my mom is a housewife and I have a little sister at home who's just ten but she's very cute, I love reading and coffee and.. that's all," he completed his sentence in a single breath.

" Okay, okayy...got it," I let out a soft giggle.

"Naah, if you wanna know more about me, you have to come with me again," he cooed and I smiled.

******

" Hamza, where are you lost, focus on your books," I narrowed my eyes.

" I'm sorry Miss Zaynah," he came back from his imaginary world and smiled awkwardly

"Why are you smiling?" I sighed and glued my eyes to his face.

"My mom is coming to India next week," he almost clapped his hands with excitement.

"Wow, how is she now?" I looked at his excited and happy face curiously.

" She's fine, Alhamdulillah! She is coming, I missed her like hell," his face expressed a lot of emotions.

I never felt the motherhood of a mother so it was all new for me.

"So Hamza do you think a mother loves her child more than anything? I mean do all mothers?" I didn't know why this question slipped from my mouth.

"Yeah, I'm damn sure... I mean look at Mariya Aunt, she loves Wajahat Bhai and Zara Api more than her life and my mama... She's incredible, no one can be like her. A mother's love is so selfless and..." I never knew that Hamza could talk these philosophical things.

"But Do all moms of the world love her child?"

" I don't know what are you asking," he raised his eyebrows in confusion.