Chapter 36

"Yeah,?" I raised my eyebrows at her.

"Zaynah, Do you trust me?" She was breathing heavily and there were lines of deep thought on her face.

"Umm yeah, what's wrong? I mean why are you talking in that way? " I looked at her in confusion.

" I met Asiya," she said gazing at the floor and I looked at her in shock.

"Asi.. ya.. but why? And how do you know her?" I half yelled.

" Umm, I just searched her Facebook handle," she said nonchalantly without realizing what was she saying. I wasn't dumb to understand that no woman could go to this extent to help any stranger. And how did she even know that it was the same Asiya? My head started spinning from all these questions.

"What did you talk to her?" I asked her ignoring all the questions which were popping into my mind.

"She said they have still your custody and you're not even eighteen...they will sue a case against us in the crime of decoying you," she let out a deep breath and a slight frown appeared on her face.

"What?" I gaped in utter shock.

"Yeah, and you have no idea she can do anything to harm you, I saw the intense rage in her eyes and we are helpless Zaynah," her face had the real concern and worries like a... mother...

"I know this," I knew she could do anything but I could only wonder what she said to Mrs. Umaisha. So my fate brought me here, I never took her threats seriously but now I was feeling helpless and after talking to Mrs. Umaisha, fear started growing in my heart

It means everything is gonna end!

"But..."

"But?" I gave her a plain look.

"We don't have any rights on you but your husband would be your protector, he would have all the rights on you," she gazed at my face closely and my eyes grew widened.

Husband?? What was she talking about?

"What do you mean?" I stared at her with confused eyes.

" If you  get married we can do something,"

" What the heck," my eyes widened and I gave her a weird look.

Marriage? Like seriously? Was she kidding me? She has lost her mind!

"I don't know what are you saying Aunty, how could you even think this. Like I'm gonna be eighteen in a few months, and I'm in the first year of my college, Do I look like some unambitious girl? Mrs. Umaisha, I have dreams, I have some ambitions, I want to be an independent woman and you're talking about marriage, like seriously? I can't believe that this thought actually crossed your mind, Damn," I blurted out everything on her face.

" Zaynah, I know, right... I ain't asking to get married and to start a family, just a paper marriage, a nikah won't harm your career and ambitions," her face tensed up.

" Ohh wow, I'm not a toy and my life isn't a game, I thought you're a sensible lady..." I snapped back.

"Stop talking me in that tone," she frowned.

" You're asking me to marry some random stranger just cuz..."

" Marriage is better than the incidents that happened to you, you don't have any God damn proof against Asiya, who's gonna save you? Huh? Do you want to repeat those incidents with you? I'm doing everything for you Zaynah, cuz I care about you," she half yelled and I became silent. I didn't think in that way. She was right I don't have any proof against Asiya.