Chapter 12

Zaynah's POV

I rubbed my nose and huffed in annoyance. My nose was red from cold, I was looking like some clown of the circus. I didn't feel like going to college but I couldn't afford to miss the important lectures.

I sighed heavily and got dressed, as I stepped out from the hostel, the cool breeze touched my skin and I shivered. I gritted my teeth and walked to the IISC.

I waited for Zara for a few minutes but she was nowhere, she was probably skipping college, I unlocked my phone to call her but the next moment a cold voice rang in my ears and I put my phone again in my pocket. So today I was going to attend the lectures alone! Cool

"Where's everyone going?" I asked one of the girls from my class as I saw my classmates were running in the opposite direction.

"Oh, so you didn't hear the announcement? today is the combined class of physics," she smiled cheekily.

" Umm you mean...umm..."

"Yeah all the students of first to final year," she responded and started walking.

Damnn! It means I have to take the same classes with Wajahat and Farwa... Ughh this day can't be any worse.

As I stepped inside the huge hall, all the gazes snapped at me and I felt uncomfortable. Undoubtedly, I was late. I spotted an empty seat and put down my bag.  I turned my head to see any known face from class but the next second I was startled.

He was sitting just beside me, and the first time I started to scrutinize his face. His beautiful features were more dominant on his face, he was running his long fingers in his messy black hair.

You creep! Stop checking him out like this,
Astaghfirullah!

I muttered under my breath and looked away, it was hard to focus on the class when my crush was sitting beside me.
Crush??
Don't forget his venomous words!
How could you still like him?
I thought you hate him now!
Go and die, girl...
You're gonna get hurt

I felt an eye on myself, I tilted my head and a shiver ran down my spine, he was staring at me but as his gaze met mine, he averted his gaze awkwardly. A slight blush crept on his face.

Blush?? Seriously?? Lol, I'm dying...

My heart started doing seizures and I was feeling butterflies...nooo... anaconda in my stomach. I peeked at him from the corner of my eyes and was stunned to see that his eyes were still fixed on me.
He muttered something under his breath then focused all his attention on the board.

"Miss Zaynah from the first year," I was lost in my dreamland when the cold voice of the teacher snapped me back to reality.

"Huh... Yesss Sir," I said awkwardly and stood from my seat.

"Can you please tell me what is the answer to this question?" He asked with an evil smirk, I could feel all the eyes were on me.

"Umm..."

"Okay, so its answer is four or seven?" A smile formed on his lips and I wanted to tear that smile from his face.

"I guess it's four," I replied without thinking anything, my palms were sweaty and my heart was racing.

As the words left my mouth, the whole class burst into laughter, my face was red from embarrassment.

"Silence class, Okay, Mr. Wajahat Shah, Can you please tell the answer to this young, sweet, confused lady," I swear that teacher was pro in roasting.