Chapter 16

"There's a basement in our house and we ain't allowed to go there, and your dare is.... " he paused for a while and I raised my eyebrows to him.  "....to go there and click the pictures of every single thing you see, " Hamza scrutinized my face and gave me a sly smile.

"No way on the earth, I'm doing this," I back off immediately.

"Miss Zaynah, dare is dare and Hammad is accompanying you," Hamza looked at Hammad and he shot a glare at him.

"No, We ain't doing this Hamza, change your dare," He cut him off.

" Don't behave like pussy Hammad..."

" Language, Hamza..." I shot him a glare.

" Sorry," he lowered his head then whipped around his head at me, "Miss Zaynah, so you're not gonna do this right,?"

"Wait, let me think..." I sighed.

" I'll take it as YES" he smiled at me.

" Okay but tell me what I need to do exactly,"

" Let's go inside, I'll tell you everything,"

******

My heart was racing and I was holding a small torch in my hand.
Why the heck I said YES to this dare??

Darkness had enveloped me and a strange silence surrounded me. My breath fastened and the whole body was drenched from sweat. The fear was rushing into my body. I started reciting all the surah I knew.

As I walked some distance, weird noises started coming from God knows where. My heart jolted in my chest.

Jinn?? Ghost???

I covered my ears from my hands and closed my eyes. My eyes were bawling and the whole body was shaking from a known fear. I was no longer that seventeen years old Zaynah, I was that five years old Zaynah whose family beat her up and locked her in the same basement. As Safiya told her that there's a jinn in their basement and now she was hearing loud chuckles from that jinn. Her breath got heavy and she was shaking... Her breath got to stop and she screamed... She screamed and fainted...

I screamed with full force...naah not again... I fell on my knees and my heart was shivering along with my body.
I found it difficult to breathe. Panic Attack again??????

I started crying vigorously, I laid down on my chest and let out another scream... The darkness was enveloping my surroundings and I blacked out.

Wajahat's POV

I was working in my room when I heard a scream, I ignored it cuz "screams" in my home ?? Naah it doesn't make any sense. But the screams became louder,
Should I go and check it??

I closed my laptop and walked outside. I stopped midway when my gaze traveled to Hamza and Hammad.

Nervousness was written all over their faces and it seems that they were arguing about something. As their gaze met mine, their facial expressions changed.

"What's wrong?" I stood beside them and asked.

"Ummm. nothing...we were just tal..talking," Hamza replied nonchalantly.

" Wajahat Bhai... Miss Zaynah.." Hammad spoke in a worried tone.

" What happens to her," My heart started pounding in my chest.