Chapter 40

Azlan's POV

Everything was changed, so was I, but the only same thing was my love for Zaynah. It was hard to believe that she played with my feelings, she was so innocent and...

I came back from my thoughts as I heard the ringtone of my phone, Mom!

"Hello, Mama,"

"Azlan, my child, how are you, Mishal told me that you had a nervous breakdown," the care and love were dripping from her voice but I hate this. I knew she's my mom and she loves me but now I don't need her.

There was a time when I needed her the most, I was craving for her attention but she was too busy with her life and now I don't need anyone.

"I'm fine, Mama," I sighed.

"I know Azlan, something is eating you up, just tell me," she insisted and I was wondering who told her? Mishal?

"It's all about a girl, the girl I love Mama," a tear fell from my eyes and disappeared on my cheeks.

"Are you in love?"

"She's in my veins, my heart, and no one can replace her," I replied imagining Zaynah and the moment spent with her.

"Did she cheat on you,"

"Naah, leave this topic, also she's innocent and pure, she can't cheat anyone, I guess, it was just written in my fate, " my voice cracked up and I hung up the call.

I started staring at the ceiling and her image was dancing in my mind. I have lost her, I have lost the most important woman of my life. I thought I'll die without her but here I was breathing, I was still alive.

"I love you, Zaynah, I'll love you forever," my eyes started pricking from hot tears and I wanted to cry my eyes out.

Zaynah's POV

"Bro, you're looking damn beautiful," I gaped at Zara who was looking like a princess.

"I know, right," she showed me a toothy grin.

" Now help me with this stupid dress," I sighed struggling with the dupatta of my beautiful black color lehenga which Mrs. Umaisha asked me to wear tonight.

"Hold on," she gave the last touch of her lipstick and started pinning my dupatta.
It was the first time, I was wearing this type of dress so I was a bit nervous. But thanks to Zara who taught me some tips for carrying this dress and also did my makeup.

"Zaynah bro, I gotta see Mom, please do your hijab yourself," she gave me a pleaded look and I nodded.

I started combing my long messy hair, where are those lucky girls who have silky smooth hair, all I have are these messy locks.

"Damn it, Zaynah," a groan escaped from my mouth and I threw the comb in frustration. I slipped black bangles in my both wrists and glanced at my reflection. The girl in the mirror was nothing like this Zaynah, She looks beautiful and confident.

My sixth sense was indicating me something but I was clueless, my heart was pounding in my chest, I started recalling all the memories and started connecting them.