Chapter 41

I looked into the mirror and started cleaning my dress, I swear, I hate that girl.

"Are you okay?" Naina entered the bathroom panting heavily.

I ignored her completely and splashed water on my face.

"Zaynah..." She placed her hand on my right shoulder and a tear escaped from my eyes.

"Bro," I broke into tears.

"Shhh, don't cry," she wrapped her arms around my body and hugged her.

"Why is she doing..." I sobbed.

"Leave her, let me fix your dress and makeup, " she caressed my cheeks like a big sister and my heart became warm from her gestures.

She started cleaning my dress with tissue paper and then applied some makeup on my face. I looked at my reflection and smiled.

"Thank you so much," my eyes held a lot of emotions and I thanked her heartily.

"It's okay, let's come outside," she intertwined her hand with mine and headed outside.
She's such a sweetheart!

The rest of the party went boring as usual as I wasn't feeling well. Everyone was smiling, laughing, and celebrating the anniversary of Mrs. Umaisha and Mr. Abrar.

After congratulating them, I came back to Zara's room and hopped on the bed.

"You're lying here and I was looking for you in the whole house," Zara entered the room after an hour.

" Yeah I wasn't feeling well," I sighed.

"What happens? You okay?" Her eyes were filled with concern, fake concern! She's behaving like she doesn't know anything!

"You know what Farwa did..." I said frowning.

"Ohh, yeah... But it's okay babe, she didn't do it on purpose,"

What the heck is she talking about? Wasn't she the same Zara who kept telling me that Farwa is a bitch and now she thinks...

"Yeah, it's okay, it's okay that I was looking like a clown and people were staring at me," my voice raised and a tear fell from my eyes.

"Zaynah, you're overthinking, calm down..." She pulled me in a hug.

"Zara...I think...I think, Farwa is stalking me and she wants to harm me... she's sending people after me and she attacked me that day and today in my hostel's washroom I saw blood..."

" Have you gone mad Zaynah?" She parted from me and looked at me with surprise.

" Zara...I don't know why ain't you believing me?" I facepalmed myself and sighed from frustration.

"Because you're talking rubbish, yeah Farwa is a little mean but I know her very well, she can't even think to do all these things," she snapped at me which pissed me off.

" You're not getting me... she's a monster, remember you said the same things about her," I broke into tears.

"Yeah, I don't like her... never liked her, probably cuz I was jealous of her that my family especially my brother and aunty give her so much importance and yeah she's rude and cocky but still, I know her, she... It's impossible Zaynah," she explained in a brief and I held back the urge to roll my eyes at her.

How can you forget, Farwa is a part of their family... she's her cousin and you're nothing!

The only thing I realized that Zara was changing, how can she take Farwa's side?

"Okay," I replied curtly and exited from the room.

*******

I was lost in deep thoughts and my feet were lazily moving towards the IISC. I didn't have any proof against Farwa and I was really scared thinking about her next step.