Chapter 28

"What's wrong with you Wajahat?" Farwa grabbed his hand and her eyes were shining from visible tears.

"Are you okay Zaynah?" Mishal pressed my hands and gave me a fake concerned look which made everyone look at me again. I knew I overreacted and I've messed up everything.

"Umm never mind, Zaynah has hemophobia so her reaction was normal," Zara explained and tried to cut the thick tension in the air.

" Well, we gotta visit doctor," Farwa said to Wajahat and tightened her grip on his arms.

"I'm also coming Wajahat," Zara insisted.

"No, it's a minor injury, I'll take care of him, You should go home, Hamza and Hammad are alone at home," she replied like some responsible family member which made me realize a lot of things.

"Let's go Wajahat," they both stood up and I put a last glance at him. His face had numerous emotions and was hard to read. Our eyes locked for a few seconds then he pulled away.

"We should also go Zaynah, it was a nice time with you guys," Mishal stood from her seat and signaled Azlan to do the same.

" Yeah same, see you," I smiled and looked at the Azlan who was scanning my face. I became nervous under his gaze and waved at him.

He walked one step closer to me and whispered, "You look beautiful today," his warm breath fanned my cheek and I found it difficult to breathe.

His proximity was making me more confused, he looked at me sweetly and walked away. But my mind was still stuck in Wajahat.

Go and die Zaynah! You don't deserve a guy like Azlan! He's so nice and can be the dream guy of any girl and you're not reciprocating anything.

Well, first of all, it's Islamically wrong and the second thing I like him but I have
not strong feelings for him.

Hypocrite?? Hanging out with guys is also wrong Islamically. What are you doing Zaynah? You came here to study, to complete your dreams, and look at you, what are you doing?

"Well, I like him," Zara sighed when they were gone.

"Then why did you make me embarrass?" I narrowed my eyes.

"But I don't get good vibes from his friend, she was so fake," Zara ignored my question and stated the most obvious fact.

"Leave it, let's go,"

"Wait, we can't waste our food. And I didn't eat anything, let's eat our food first," Zara cooed. I told you she was my spirit animal.

"Yeah wasting food is a sin, " I agreed with her and settled down. Soon we both were dug in our food.

Mishal's POV

"Wow,"

"What?" Azlan gave me a questioned look.

"Don't you think what happened today wasn't normal?" I replied curtly. How could he be so dumb?

" What do you mean?" He asked in an irritated tone.

" How could you be so stupid Azlan? Didn't you see that Wajahat guy and Zaynah? The way they were looking at each other and ....."

" Calm down Mishi, What's wrong with you? Don't you think you're overreacting?" He gave me an annoyed look.

" Overreacting?? Mee? And the way she screamed when she saw the blood of that guy. Not even his sister or girlfriend reacted in the way she did?" I retorted.