Chapter 23

Zaynah's POV

I was noticing that Farwa stopped talking to anyone or messing up with me. She started spending her whole day with Naina. This wasn't normal, it looks like she was going through some trauma. Her odd behavior, her confused face, everything was bothering me.

I was lost in deep thoughts when the door opened with a loud bang, Farwa entered the room and moved towards the bed without putting a single glance at me.

"Can you please, turn off the lights, I wanna sleep," her bitchy tone was back.

" And I need to complete my assignments," I retorted.

" I don't care, " she stood up and turned off the lights. It was dark everywhere.
Bitch...
I mumbled under my breath.

"So are you," she snapped back. Woah did I say it aloud???

"Can't you sleep in Naina's room?" I rolled my eyes at her.

"This is my room, my bed, who are you to tell me where should I sleep or sit, listen, I don't wanna mess with a bitch like you, " she replied and snuggled closer to her pillows.

I wanted to retort back but I didn't wanna start a new war. I sighed and laid down, it took me half an hour to fall into sleep.

I was walking alone, weird voices were following me but I kept walking.
"Zaynah, stop," a woman in a white dress came into my way. Her face was blurred, but I knew she was pretty.

"No, go away," I screamed at her.

"I'm your mom honey, I came here to bring you with me," her beautiful voice sounds like some music to my ears.

She was my mom, my real mom!

"Mom," I ran towards her, I wanted to hug her, feel her touch, feel her presence, feel her love. Tears started blocking my way, her face became blurry. She started walking away from me.

"Come with me my child," and she disappeared. I kneeled and screamed with full force. I couldn't lose her again, I started running in the same direction. Everyone was yelling at me and asking me to stop but I didn't listen to them.

I kept running until I bumped into a girl, she was crying. Her face was also blurred like my mom's.

"Why are you crying?" I asked the girl who was half-covered with blood.
It was freaking blood... Red blood...

My breath hitched as she started rubbing her blood at my face. Soon her cries changed into laughter! She was laughing at me. I was sitting like a statue and now I was covered with blood. I started crying, tears were soaking my dress and she was laughing like some psycho! She was dragging me with her. I wanted to run away from her but my body was too weak to fight

Suddenly, she was pushed away from me by a woman. The woman took a shiny knife and stabbed it in her stomach. My mouth was opened from shock. Before I could think anything else, the woman came closer to me and looked into my eyes. Her bloodshot eyes pierced my heart into pieces. She pointed her knife at me and stabbed it in my heart. My heartbeats stopped and blood started dripping from my whole body but I was still alive. She started hitting me with her legs and kept stabbing my chest.
"No, please nooo," I was screaming but no one heard me.