Chapter 14

"So are you coming with me?" We were leaving the class when Zara asked me.

"Umm naah," I didn't wanna see his face again.

" Zaynah, only three days left for submission, I don't wanna lose this competition, please come with me, " she pleaded and batted her eyelashes.

" I'll see," I tried to avoid her pleadings.

" Zaynah, please... Okay, I'll buy icecreams for you," she whined like a baby.

"Okayy but hey I want my favorite icecreams," I smiled cheekily.

" Yes ma'am, let's go, " she dragged me along with her.

*******

Luckily, I didn't see Wajahat, he wasn't home. Mrs. Mariya, their mom kissed my cheeks, she was the sweetest lady I had ever met. Still, her proximity made me nervous.

We rushed to Zara's room and started working. "Bro, I can't do anymore," Zara sighed and laid on the bed.

"Yeah we have been working for three hours," I yawned and laid beside her.

" Damn, we worked so long, I ain't gonna work today," she said and made a messy bun of her beautiful hair.

" But...how are we gonna complete...."

"Tomorrow is a holiday bruhh," she cut me off and picked her phone from the nightstand.

"Also, I'm hungry," Zara rubbed her belly and pouted. I was starving too man!

Zara was about to call her mom when we heard knocking on the door, I fixed my hijab and sat properly.

"Ma'am is calling you for dinner," their maid informed us and left the room.
Ughh, I didn't wanna eat with them, I mean I was nothing like them, I didn't have those rich class etiquettes and all.

"Come, why are you taking so long Zay," Zara narrowed her eyes and I unwillingly followed her.

It was the first time I was seeing their dining hall. Bruhh those people were rich asf, as my gaze landed on the table I swallowed my saliva. There were almost twenty dishes on the table.
Waste of food??  Or maybe rich people's things!

I was always given leftovers at my home so it was overwhelming for me.

"Zaynah, why are you standing dear, come and sit with us," Mrs. Mariya's sweetest voice rang in my ears and I nervously sat next to Zara. Soon we were accompanied by her husband and Hamza, Hammad.

My stomach was starving and I wanted to taste all the delicious-looking dishes present on the table. But also I didn't wanna make fun of myself. I put some biryani rice on my plate and started playing with spoons.

Damn...how I was supposed to use these useless forks and spoons, call me weird or whatever but the food tastes better with hands. Everyone was eating peacefully and here I was dying from an inferiority complex.

"Asslamalaikum everyone," I almost choked on my food as I heard that familiar voice. I lifted my head and my eyes met his mesmerizing eyes, he was looking so fresh and new, he probably came here just after taking shower as water was dripping from his wet hair. How will it feel to run my hands in that hair?..
Astaghfirullah Zaynah, have you lost your mind?