Chapter 49

I looked at the pictures and froze at my place. She was the same lady from their family album. Now I got why I felt different when I saw her pictures that day. They were right, I had inherited these eyes and smile from mom. The album started soaking my tears and I hugged the picture with my chest. I always craved for her touch, her presence and I had a little hope that perhaps one day I'd be able to see her. And today my all hopes died.

I can't see her!

A voice rang in my ears and a pair of teary eyes flashed in my mind. Umaisha Aunty!

*********

"Zaynah, please say something, I know you hate me but please speak something, your silence is killing me, " I entered the living room and looked across to find everyone's eyes on me. I was standing there silently when Mrs. Umaisha came and held my hands. I looked at the woman from which I always felt a different connection who did sin to ruin my mom's life but everyone deserves forgiveness, right?

She also went through a lot and she did her best to keep my mom's promise, she even risked her life for us. It was hard to forgive me right now but I can give it a try, right?

"Aunty, Can we please forget those things and never discuss them again, " as the words left my mouth, her facial expressions changed and her eyes lit up with a new hope.

"Zaynah... I'm so sorry... I'm..." Her voice was shaking from a lot of emotions and tears started flowing from her eyes.

"Hey, Don't cry, Aunty.. you know I don't know anything about mom's love, I've always craved for that kind of love... So can I call you "mama"? It's just I feel a different connection with you and... " Before I could complete my sentence, she pulled me in a tight warm hug which started bringing a different peace and comfort in my body.

"I love you so much Zaynah, thank you so much ... I can't tell you how happy I am," love and a lot of emotions were dripping from her voice and today she found her dead daughter and I found my dead mother. I cocked my head at Farwa who was smiling at me and I knew I took the right decision.

********

I was walking towards the classroom when  I was pulled by someone, my eyes widened as my head touched someone's chest.

"What are you doing here?" I almost whispered to not be heard by other students who were passing by.

"I missed you," he wrapped his arms around my waist and looked straight into my eyes pressing his lips together.

"What the heck, let me go," I rolled my eyes at him but he pulled me closer to him.

" Zaynah... " His eyes were complaining but I ignored everything and scolded my heart who was whispering a lot of things in my mind.

"You're behaving like a weirdo..." I unwrapped his arms from my waist and sighed. I didn't want to get caught by any IISC kid.

"Don't tell me you're not feeling anything," his smirk grew wider and he started gazing at my face which was sending a lot of tingling sensations in my body.

"Ahh...yeah... I ain't feeling anything," I lowered my head and gulped the saliva formed in my throat.

"Really?" He brought his lips closer to my ear and I got goosebumps as his hot minty breath fanned my cheeks.

"Wajahat..." I let out a deep breath and tried to calm my heart which was thumping loudly.

"Yes, baby?" His nose came in contact with my eardrum and my breath got hitched.