Chapter 37

Mishal's POV

I looked at the Azlan who was lying idly on the bed. I noticed that he was disturbed for the past few days. I tried to ask him but he eluded that topic. Seeing him in that state was killing me like he used to be a cheerful guy around me. He had a dark past and he was a reserved guy but he was different for me and now he seemed so foreign to me. I was getting a different aura from him.

"Azlan, It's been ages since we didn't go out somewhere. Let's go to some cafe, bruh I'm bored, " I tried to distract him from his thoughts.

"Mishi, I don't feel like going out, I'm sorry," he passed me a weak smile which made me upset.

Love changes a person completely...
He is no longer my best friend Azlan!

"Did you talk to Zaynah?" I outstretched my arms and asked him.

A wave of emotions flew on his face but soon it faded, "Yeah, she was busy with her studies and all," he gave me that weak smile again which pissed me off.

"What's wrong Azlan?" I pouted and sat beside him. His body stiffened a little but I didn't move an inch. He sighed and made a  small place for me, I smiled and opened his phone. He gave me a look but I ignored it and opened Snapchat. I started taking our weird pictures which caused him frowning but I ignored him completely and continued it.

A notification popped on the screen, I tried to slide but instead, it clicked on notification. I mentally facepalmed myself, I hate it when this happened to me.

Someone sent him some pictures, which I didn't bother to see but something caught my attention. I hope this is not true.

I opened the chats again with my shaking fingers and the next second the world changed. Zaynah... She was in some red dress, her red Bangles and little jewelry were showing a diff thing. In the next pictures, she was signing some papers and as I looked closely I was stunned to see it was marriage papers. She was standing with her friend's brother Wajahat like a married couple. My head started spinning.

"What's wrong Mishi?" Azlan noticed me and I asked but I didn't have any courage left to open my mouth. He took the phone from my hand and the next second his facial expressions and colors started changing.

"Azlan..." I came back to my senses and held his body which was about to fall. And the next second he blacked out which let me out a scream.

*****

I was pacing across the hospital lobby, my lips were reciting all the verses I knew. I couldn't believe that Zaynah would be like this. She looked too innocent and sweet. My gut feelings were right when I felt some chemistry between Zaynah and that guy. Damn!

But why did she play with the feelings of my Azlan? Out of all the people, why did she choose him? She was responsible for everything. Tears started rolling down my cheeks and my heart made a small Dua for him, for the love of my life.

Zaynah's POV

"What?" I was startled as I heard the news.

Azlan?? Hospital?? He's probably there cuz of me.

"Zara," I ran outside without wearing slippers.

"What's up?" She raised her eyebrows at me.

"Zara," I broke into tears and hugged her without realizing that everyone was watching me including Wajahat.