Chapter 30

Zaynah's POV

"Hello," I  laid down on the bed and received the call of Azlan.

"I missed you," his deep voice made my heartbeat in a different rhythm.
I didn't speak anything and closed my eyes.

"How are you doing?" I tried to change the topic.

"Zaynah, you can say anything, you know,"

"I know, right," I chewed my bottom lip.

" I love you more than anything, you're the first person for whom I fell in sujood, but I know you don't love me, and it's okay! I can wait for you for my whole life," emotions were dripping from his voice which brought guilt to my heart.

"He's very sensitive, please never break his heart," Mishal's voice was ringing in my head and a tear fell from my eyes. I didn't want to hurt him but I couldn't feel for him in the same way. It was my fault that I gave him hope and now it leads to serious love.

Shouldn't I die from the happiness that someone loves me in this way? I've always wanted this type of love, I've always waited for this type of love then why my heart is not happy?? Why did I want to escape? Why was it becoming hard for me to accept all these things?

Cuz you're already in love with the guy, the guy who doesn't even notice you, who is unaware of your presence, the guy who loves someone else, the guy who sees you as his sister's friend only!

I sighed heavily and changed the topic.

******

"What will I do at your home? It's your family's function, Zara,"

" Shut up, Zaynah...My family is also your family. My mom likes you a lot, she insisted me to bring you to the party. Also, Hamza and Hammad want you, they want to introduce you to their mom, and believe me, you will love my aunt, Okay listen, mom is calling me... I'm gonna hang up! Be there before five," Zara cut me off and hung up the call.

I let out a deep breath and sat lazily on the bed. I was antisocial and I hate gatherings. Also, how was I gonna walk among those rich people, I didn't even have any proper dress to wear. But I couldn't tell this to Zara, she might be busy or she would take it as an excuse.

I facepalmed myself and opened my wardrobe but I didn't find any decent thing to wear. I sat on the bed again in disappointment when Naina walked into the room.

"Hey, what's up," she smiled at me. I remembered the last time how she was sending me death glares but it was so natural as I hurt her best friend.

"Umm nothing, " I smiled weakly.

"Do you need any help?" She questioned as she saw me surrounded between piles of clothes.

"I was just looking for some dress to wear at Zara's party," I replied her playing with my hair.

" You're going too?" She eyed me from head to toe.

" Huh?"

" Umm nothing, it's just I'm also going there, we are family friends, let me help you to choose your dress," she came closer to me and started checking my wardrobe.

"Sorry to say but you don't have any appropriate piece of dress to wear," She said with pitiful eyes, and my face became red.