Chapter 6

••••••••••••••••
Thalia's POV
••••••••••••••••

After Dalia told me what happened, I was disappointed at her.

"You have got to take the job Dee even if it's his company, you can't throw away the opportunity because he is the CEO of the company, you got to think about your goal and not about the past," l looked at her warmly, she sighed and looked at me guiltily.

"I wasn't thinking. When I saw him, I just lost my cool. I don't know if I will be able to call back," Dalia said unhappily.

"You've got to make that call now unless you and I will be spending the night in the street soon," I chuckled softly to ease the tension. I saw the eviction notice she was trying to hide from me and also received another one too from the landlord, the bills were increasing day by day and I didn't think my salary could cover much.

"He gave me two days to call back but I will call on the second day, I don't want to give him the pleasure of teasing me for being desperate."

"Yeah, as far as you get the job."

_______                                        

•••••••••••••••••••••••   
Third person POV
•••••••••••••••••••••••

The econd day came quickly. Dalia groaned as her friend reminded her to make the call today, she dreaded ever making that call.

"Make sure to get that job before I come back home today," Lia said and left the house. Dalia grumbled and walked to her room bare footed, she opened her drawer and the envelope fell out.

"Does the universe really wants me to take the job," she asked rhetorically and took her phone and dialled a number.

"This is the CEO's secretary speaking."

"Umm, hi it's Miss Banks, can you inform the CEO that I want to speak with him please?" She held her breath in anticipation.

"Hold on, I will inform him."

The call was placed on hold for a few minutes before it was removed, then a deep baritone voice came through.

"Never thought you'd call," The voice said as if to say he knew.

"Now I've called, let's get on with it," she spoke impatiently.

"Tsk, tsk, let's not be impatient now tesoro," he teasingly said and she seethed.
(Sweetheart)

"Don't call me that."

"Come to my office tomorrow, we will do the interview," he said, "and one more thing, try not to make a scene."

He hunged up before she could talk. Dalia was so angry, she almost had a nose bleed, she calmed her self saying he was not worth it and channeled her anger by throwing knives at his picture that was hanging from her dartboard.

Later that day, Thalia arrived back from work and asked Dalia about the job, she told Thalia what happened and she congratulated her.

"Congrats, you're so lucky he didn't cancel the interview."

"Yeah, lucky indeed." Dalia replied sarcastically.
_________

•••••••••••••••
Dalia's POV
•••••••••••••••

The next morning, I woke up early. I wanted to go late but I didn't want to give him the satisfaction of scolding me so a took my bath and wore a greyish pencil skirt, a white blouse and a black stilettos, brushed my hair and tied it into a tight bun at the back of my head, did my makeup and arranged my things.

"Wow, I can see that you are eager to please your boss," Lia smirked, I rolled my eyes and walked into the kitchen.

"Oh please, I am anything but eager."

"Oh come on, mon cherie."
(My dear)

I shrugged and made toasts and coffee, Lia took hers while I packed mine. So much for breakfast.

"Bye."

"Remember, Girl Power!" She chuckled and raised her arms to show her invisible muscles, I laugh and mimick her before leaving. Getting to my car, I climbed in and drove off, I decided to stop at my favorite bakery.

I might need some backup croissants before I blow off today.

I just need to act all prim and proper to irritate him.

After buying tons of them, I drove away. I parked my car and came down.

Today's gonna be one heck of a day, I've gotta keep myself armed and try to irritate him as much as possible.

I smirked, squared my shoulder and straighten my shoulders like I have seen in many British movies and walked into the building.

"Excuse me, how can I help you," the receptionist arrogantly looked at me, it was obvious that she didn't like me and certainly not the receptionist who was here when I came for the interview.

They sure change staff like clothes.

"The president is expecting me, please inform him," I smiled dauntingly and tapped my fingers on her desk, she glowered at me before making the call.

"Sorry for disturbing you sir but someone is here to see you, she says you are expecting her," the receptionist or Georgia said sweetly.

"Who is she?" A voice came through from the other end.

"She's Miss..." Gia looked at me inquiring and I mouthed my name.

"She's Miss Banks, Dalia Banks."

The line went silent for a while before the voice came through.

"Send her in," the call hanged up and she led me to his office.

Knock!

"Come in," The deep voice commanded.

She opened the door and walked in with me trailing beside her, from my peripheral vision, I could how red her face was.

Seriously? Why is she blushing I mean what's there to blush at.

I looked at him and my eyes widened. No wonder she's blushing, he was sitting elegantly on his chair, his Armani suit jacket was on the arm of his chair, his tie was loose and two buttons were unbuttoned showing a peek of his chest, his sleeves were folded up to this elbows and his arms were crossed making his biceps bulge. In other words he was looking like Adonis.

"Good morning Mr Silvetti," I greeted. Time to kick into action. I smirked inwardly as I saw his confused expression, maybe he expected me to cuss at him. The receptionist was still fantasizing.

"You may go Miss Hills."

The receptionist smiled seductively and swayed her hips while walking away.

Gawd! What do they see in him?

After the door closed, he turned to me. I could feel his eyes raking me from head to toe, I cleared my throat and his eyes snapped to my face.

"I see you came back after vowing never to set foot in my company," he smirked, I swallowed my rage and forced a smile.

"I'm back sir, can we start immediately."

He frowned at me. "Sit down," he ordered and I reluctantly sat. He handed me a sheet of paper to read.

"I want you to signed the contract," he looked at me coldly, mischief flashed in his cold green eyes.

I read the contract and my eyes widened.

.....................•°•°•°•°•.....................

Well, I am not fluent in neither Italian nor French.

  This chapter is long! 1181 words, she has finally come back and he's being mischievous.
   Lets find out what's in the contract.

Peace ✌️✌️.