Chapter 41

She knocked at the door and waited. The doorknob turned and opened revealing a shirtless Greek god behind.

"Ha! You are here, I was going to look for you," he stepped aside and she walked avoiding his gaze.

"I was looking for the balm," she walked towards the bed, "and I found it."

"Good," Matteo stood still staring at her. They stared at each for quite some time.

"Um...get on the bed," Dahlia blushed after realizing that she was staring.

"Okay," Matteo climbed the bed and lay on his stomach. She began to massage him starting from his shoulders.

"Fuck," he groaned feeling her fingers on his naked back. I'm no time he fell asleep and Dahlia stopped massaging him.

"Matteo?" She waved her hand at his face but he didn't move. She glanced at the wall clock.

10:10pm

She covered him with the blanket and walked out of his room. Dahlia went to her room, got dressed and went back to his room with a flash drive in her hand.

She dropped it on his night stand beside his phone and took the gun in his drawer. She also set an alarm on his phone.

"I am sorry Matteo, I love you," she whispered and pecked his forehead.

She walked out of the house, glancing back she got into her car and drove out imputing the address on the GPS of the car. Dahlia followed the directions which led to a dark and secluded place.

"Am I lost?" She asked no one and kept on driving till she can to an abandoned factory. Midland cement factory. The sign board read.

She stopped the car and reached for the loaded gun on the seat and tucked it in her jeans waistband. Just then, her phone rang.

"Hello?"

"I see you are here, step down from the vehicle," the voice spoke. Dahlia complied stepped down and a black bag covered her head immediately.,

"Keep walking," A gruff voice rang into her ears and a cold metal pressed against her head. Even under pressure she still maintained her composure.

"May I know where you are taking me?" She asked calmly which surprised the person.

"You're abnormally calm for someone who is being kidnapped," the kidnapper said and pushed her forward.

"I didn't think I'm being kidnapped cause I came here on my free will," she replied calmly which shook the kidnapper. He kept walking her till he got to a steel door which he led her in.

"Sit," he commanded and pushed her to sit on a chair at the middle of the room. After she sat down he pulled the bag off her face. A bright light shone into Dahlia's eyes when she opened them.

"Fuck," she cursed and shut them for a while before opening them and letting them adjust to the bright lights in the room.

"Where the heck is this place?" She turned to ask the kidnapper but he was not there.

"Here," a familiar high pitched voice malevolently spoke, "is my private hell."

Dahlia gasped in fake surprise, "Miss Anderson why are you here? Did they also kidnap you? Anyway help me get out of this rope so that we can both escape," she struggled with the rope.

"Did you think you could really fool me? No one deceives me and gets away with it," Marilyn stomped to her and gripped her hair. Dahlia winced at the excruciating pain.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Dahlia yelled and Marilyn slapped her so hard that her face whipped to the side.

"Don't play dumb you bitch, I...." The shaking of Dahlia's shoulder interrupted her.

"Hey!" Marilyn screamed gripping her hair and forcefully jerking her head to face her.

"Hahahahahahhahahahhaha ha!!!!" Dahlia laughed madly which frightened her a bit. Dahlia continued laughing much to her annoyance.

"Gosh you are so good Marilyn, it was not easy deceiving you but I succeeded," Dahlia smirked. "So humor me a little, how did you find out?"

"I never trusted you from start, you were always a bitch. You wanna know how I unveiled your deceit? I fucking had you investigated when I caught you listening on the conversation I was having with Matteo that day, too bad that little hacker of yours couldn't give you what you wanted," Marilyn cackled.

"The anti hacking system I installed in my phone and PC prevented that bastard from succeeding in breaking my firewall completely, he could only chip it a little. Thankfully, I got to him on time before he could share his findings with you," she smirked devilishly.

"What did you do to him?" Dahlia tilted her head slightly.

"Just a bullet to the head silenced him," she shrugged and gripped Dahlia's chin, "I could kill right now but where's the fun in that?"

"What makes you think he didn't share his findings with me before you got to him Marilyn or should I say....Tania?"

Marilyn gasped sharply and stepped back, a flicker of anxiety and shock crossed her face.

"Surprised ain't ya?"

•••••••

A shrill sound blared at exactly 12:00pm. Matteo groaned and opened his eyes. He rubbed his hand on the other side of the bed looking for Dahlia but it turned up cold.

"Dahlia?" He got up and looked at the other side finding it empty. He stood up and went to her room. He knocked gently and went in, he switched on the light to find the room empty, the bed was still looking smooth with no creases showing signs that she had not sleep in it.

"Dahlia?" Matteo searched everywhere. The kitchen, living room, poolside, lounge, bar, rooftop, library, everywhere but he couldn't find her.

He went back to his room and picked up his phone and called her number but it went to voicemail.

Hi this is Dahlia, leave a message.

He tried several times but it kept going to voicemail. Something caught his eyes immediately, something that wasn't on his night stand before. A flashdrive with a note attached to it.

This explains everything. The note read.

Matteo took the flashdrive to his study. In his study, he connected the flashdrive to his laptop and a file appeared the desktop. He clicked at the file and and data started pouring out, bank transactions, messages, conversations, etc dating back to five years ago came out.

She was the one! The shock almost threw him out off the chair. Pain, shock, hate and rage filled his expression as he continue to scroll down reading word for word till he reached the bottom. At the bottom was a video from five years ago and he clicked on it

In the video, Marilyn is seen with Matteo's business rival Nathan, the man who she cheated on him with. The audio was added so he could hear what they were saying.

*In the video*

"What do you want me to do baby?" Marilyn was sitting on Nathan thigh caressing his naked chest.

"I want you as a mole in the Silvetti corporations," he said and she paused.

"You want what?" Her went a pitch higher. Nathan glanced at her and looked away sipping his brandy.

"I don't repeat myself twice Tania."

"How do you expect me to infiltrate the Silvetti corporations?"

"I don't care how you do it, if it means you making him fall in love with you do it as far as you get me the files of every project he receives," Nathan said.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I know everyone is curious to know Tania/Marilyn's story, I'll bring it up in the next chapter or two.

Stay with me my fans💓💓