Chapter 34

After the Matteo left the room, Thalia and Jason went to her bedside, pushing the flowers aside as the passed.

"Oh, my God your boss is so cool, I am jealous!" Thalia squealed jumping and hugging herself in a childish way while Jason frowned at the display of affection surrounding them.

What a show-off. He thought.

"Are you alright with these?" Thalia gestured at the teddy bears and numerous packs chocolates at the other side of the bed. "cause they are so many," she concluded dreamily.

Dahlia took a deep breath and nodded. "I'm okay," she said smiling. "But you can take some if you want."

"Oh Dee, you are the bestest," she squealed again. "How have you been?" She asked concerned.

Dahlia smiled, "I am doing great, I'm looking forward to getting discharged soon, I want to get back to work."

"Get back to work!?" Jason frowned. "You should be thinking of resting not working."

"Good to know that you still have your voice, I was beginning to think  you have gone mute," she joked and he grinned. Dahlia stretched and took his hand in hers.

"Thank you for looking out for me Jason, I really appreciate it," she said to him, Jason blushed and nodded, looking at their hands.

"Now..." Thalia began but the ringing of a phone interrupted her. Jason fumbled with his pants pocket before bringing out his phone.

"Ha," he rubbed the back of his neck while secretly cursing whoever it was under his breath. "I'll take this immediately," he said and walked out of the ward.

As soon as he was gone, the happy expression on Dahlia's face turned serious.

•••••••••••••••••
Dahlia's POV
•••••••••••••••••

"I have something to tell you," I said to her after Jason left.

"What happened? Why the serious face?" Thalia asked staring at my face while I avoided hers.

"Dee...."

"Can I trust you?" I know it was stupid to ask that kind of question but I still needed to know, to know where her loyalty lies.

"What are you saying? What do you mean?" She asked confusion evident in her tone, I stared into her eyes, I need know what is on her mind.

"The accident was not unintentional, it was a warning. I am being targeted," I said still staring into her eyes.....and she burst out laughing.

"Oh Dee, because you just got into an accident doesn't mean you are being targeted, people get into accidents everyday around the world, it doesn't mean they are being targeted," she continued laughing while I just stared blankly at her.

"Wait...you are not joking about it are you?" She asked when she saw how serious I was.

"No, I am not."

"Shit, how did you find out?" She asked, a glimpse of worry flashed in her eyes and I was quick to catch it. Apart from that, I noticed no hint of malice, mischief or negativity from her. Thalia was just Thalia.

"Let's say I'm a little overly observant," I concluded not sure if I could tell her who I got the information from and Thalia gave me a look of hurt and disappointment.

"You don't trust me do you?" She asked sadly. "You are not telling me everything, we have been best friends since college, you should know that I don't keep secrets. What are best friends for?"

She is right.

"Okay I will tell you but you must promise not to tell anyone not even Jason at all."

"Why? Maybe he can help."

"No, he can't, this is between the two of us," I said and she nodded.

"Okay."

••••••

"What the fuck do you want Marilyn, can't you fucking leave me alone?" Jason looked around before stepping out of the hospital building. The fucker responsible for interrupting their moment was none other than Marilyn the bitch.

"Careful with the tone pretty boy, we wouldn't want your pretty little secret on air now would we?" She said maliciously.

Jason forced out an apology through clenched teeth and Marilyn smiled at the other end.

"That's more like it, now I called to tell you change of plan." And Jason stiffened.

"What do you mean change of plan?" He asked in confusion, what happened again?

"I think Matteo is becoming suspicious of me, he is more dangerous when he is suspicious," she said.

"What made him become suspicious of you? What did you do?"

"Just shut up and listen to what I have to say, I have a job for you," Marilyn said with a Cheshire grin etched on her lips.

_______________________________

Sorry for not updating on time, look forward for the next chapter.

Marilyn is becoming more and more scary for me and her attacks are getting more violent than before.

💜💜