Chapter 46

Dahlia and Lacy stared each other for quite some time, each waiting for the other to break the silence. Dahlia decided to do the honors.

"You...okay?" She asked glancing at her legs. Lacy knew it was her way of asking how she was doing.

"So far so good, I don't know if I could walk again," her eyes shimmered with tears. "The doctor said it would heal but it would take time, even if it healed, I would have to learn how to walk again. Like a child," she wiped her eyes.

"But it's nothing compared to yours, you can't speak for croissant sake! Not to mention you fingers and your face," Lacy cried, tears rolling down her face. "It should have been me, I should have been the one bearing all this, it's all my fault."

"Not...yours, I forgive," Dahlia said and held her hand, Lacy wiped her tears and smiled. A painful smile.

"Jason?" She asked and Lacy stiffened, slowly raising her head to look at her. It was when Dahlia saw the unshed tears in her eyes that she understood.

"How?" Her small voice broke, Lacy sniffed and decided to recount what happened to them.

Flashback*

Jason ran to the east wing which was engulfed in the flames, he didn't know where Lacy was held. The some parts of the building was already collapsing, a plank fell on his back injuring him in the process.

"Help! Help me!" The faint sounds of woman rang in his ears, it was coming from the manager's office. He ran to the door and tried to open it but the door wouldn't budge and the knob was extremely hot, the smoke and fire were at its peak.

Jason kept hitting his body on  the door till it broke open, "Lacy! Lacy! Where are you?!" He called using his shirt to block his nose from inhaling the thick smoke and fire in the room.

"Help," The voice whimpered at the corner of the room that was when he sighted a figure curled under a desk, burning planks and metals lay on top of it, it was clear that the desk was what shielded her from those things.

"Jason, is that you?" Lacy asked covering her nose with a cloth. Jason didn't bother to answer as he reached and dragged her out from under the table which was soon going to collapse.

"It's me, we need to get out of here before everything comes crashing down," he said and lifted her in bridal style. His hair slicked with sweat, his skin covered with soot and burns on his shirt. Jason pulled off the jacket and used it to cover her before running out of the room.

Everywhere they ran to was covered with fire and smoke and dangers of things collapsing on them was high, the way back was already blocked. Jason ran with Lacy in his arms looking for an exit.

"We are gonna die soon," Lacy coughed, the smoke was becoming unbearable and the heat was something else. "Put me down I can walk," she requested.

"Are you sure," Jason coughed too, the smoke was starting to hurt his eyes.

"Yes." And he dropped her, together they ran searching for an exit while using the jacket as a source of oxygen mask. After running around searching for an exit, Jason finally found an exit, a window which was not big enough to fit the two of them.

"Lacy?" Jason called when he didn't see her beside him, he turned around to see her lying few feet away from him. A plank hanging dangerously loomed above her.

"Lacy!" He rushed to her and shielded her with his body as the plank fell hitting his body, he groaned in pain as he felt the fire burn his skin.

"Oh my God Jason are you alright?" Lacy asked and he nodded picking her up running towards the window.

"It won't fit us," Lacy said.

"Don't worry you go first," he said and broke the glass with his fist and helped her up through the window. "Go! I'm right beside you," he yelled and she jumped. Lacy didn't know how high the window was away from the ground so when she fell, she broke her legs.

"Fuck!" Lacy cursed as the pain coursed through her body, her side was starting to hurt too but all that pain was soon forgotten when she found out that Jason wasn't beside her.

"Jason! Jason!!" She yelled when she a plank hit him as he was about to jump.

"Go! Find help!" He screamed through the window as she struggled to stand. Tears broke out as she tried to look for his figure in the fire. Because of pain and exhaustion, her body shut down against her wish, that was when the medical worker found her.

Flashback ends*

Drops of tears rolled out of Dahlia's wide eyes, "Ja...Jason dead," she breathe out and Lacy nodded and grabbed her hands tightly.

"Oh God," she cried. They sat holding each other's hand mourning him.

~~~~~

Matteo laughed and Lucas punched him on the shoulder in annoyance.

"Okay dude, that's enough," Lucas said chewing on his burger. After they left the hospital, they both went to a café where they ate and ordered for a packed lunch.

"Here sir," the waiteress handed the packed lunch to Matteo as Lucas paid. After they arrived at the hospital, they quickly went to the her VIP room. Matteo stopped instantly when he heard sniffles coming out of the room.

"What happened?" He asked barging into the room, Dahlia and Lacy snapped their heads towards him. Matteo walked briskly to her bedside and held her face in his hand.

"What happened love?"

"Jason," she said and hugged him crying on his chest.

Matteo signaled at him to take Lacy away from the room as he glared at her, she wasn't supposed to inform her yet not until after her recovery. Lucas took her lunch in his hand and wheeled her away from the room silently.

"He was a good man, even after all he did....he saved Lacy and died a hero," he comforted her and she fell asleep.

_______________________________

🥺🥺 Jason died😭😭😭 Gosh my eyes, Dahlia partially lost her ability to speak and Lacy might walk again that's if something else doesn't occur.

Marilyn really left a big mark in their lives.

Vote and complain if you don't want to comment 🤷🤷🚶🏽‍♀️🚶🏽‍♀️