Chapter 19

💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫

•••••••••••••
Dalia POV
•••••••••••••

Today was our last day in Italy. I packed my luggage and waited in the garage for him. Few minutes later, he came out walking elegantly with no luggage on him.

"What a show off," I mumbled as he neared me.

"What are you still doing here?"

"Waiting for you to finish walking majestically so we can leave," I said. Recently, I found it hard to get mad at him instead I felt comfortable with him around.

He huffed and helped me to get my luggage into the car booth. We got into the back seat and his driver drove us to the airport.

At the airport

We arrived at the airport but we didn't board the commercial flight, we used his private jet.

When we got in, the air hostess welcomed us and ushered us to our seat. Matteo handed me a laptop.

"What's on my next schedule?" He went into serious business mode which was one of the things I respected about him.

"GK company is celebrating their 5th anniversary next tomorrow by 7pm and you are invited."

"That's all?"

"Yes sir, that's all for today," I answered and shut the laptop. I noticed the way he glanced at me with a mischievous look, I pointed at the black baton tied to my waist and he maintained.

Thank goodness for this baton which I bought at the mall because this was the only thing that could stop him from playing dirty tricks on me.

Gradually the jet took off and as it rose to its height so did my fear. The last time I flew, Matteo held me close which made me feel safe but now he is busy, I have to do this myself.

God why me?

Panic kicked in and my asthma started. I started wheezing and trying to call Matteo but the damned fool buried his ears in his headphones. I began to practice easy ways on how to control asthma.

Breath through the nose and exhale through the mouth slowly. I muttered repeatedly but it still came out as wheezes. I didn't know what to do, the procedure wasn't walking, I was slowly suffocating and while I had some strength left, I hurled the baton at him.

Luckily the baton hit the back of his head and he jumped up.

"What was that f-" he turned to face a drenched me, his eyes widened and he shouted for some help.

"F***k!" He ran towards me and picked me up carrying me to the jet's cabin, he laid me on the bed and brought out an inhaler from his pocket, the air hostess barged into the room.

"Sir what should I do," she panicked upon seeing my condition, Matteo helped me pump some air into my lungs.

"Bring some clean towels and water and be quick," he practically screamed when he saw how deadly pale I was.

The lady dashed out if the room as quick as lightening. After four to five pumps from the inhaler, I was able to breath normally, he started apologizing repeatedly for forgetting about my fear of flying, the air hostess rushed back and handed him the things.

I was still in a daze but could hear voices, I couldn't move a limb neither could I talk but a felt something cold wiped my face and neck.

"Please talk to me Mari."

I felt sleepy and succumbed to it.

           »»»»»»»»«««««««

••••••••••••••••
Matteo POV
••••••••••••••••

I was working on a project while listening to some music when something hard hit my head, I looked down and saw her baton.

"What was that f-" I turned to face her and what I was going to say stuck in my throat, Dalia was deadly pale and her lips were blue, her eyes were bulging out as she wheezes.

"F**k!" I cursed as her rushed to her, how long has the attack been holding her, how stupid and careless I was, she was having an attack and I was listening to music!?

I picked her up into my hands and ran to the cabin where I laid her on the bed, I took out the spare inhaler I had with me. I had always carried a spare inhaler since the first attack.

I administered the inhaler to her, the air hostess barged into the room breathlessly.

"Sir What should I do?" She panicked upon seeing Dalia's condition.

"Bring some clean towels and water and be quick," I screamed on seeing her skin growing paler.

Please Dalia stay with me

Soon she was able to breath, her chest heaved up and down.

"I am sorry for not taking notice of your fears, I am sorry for being careless please Marissa come back to me," I repeated again and again, the air hostess brought the things and handed them to me before stepping out.

I wiped her face and neck, her eyes began to fall as if she was falling asleep, a new wave of fear washed over me.

"No! Cindy!" I called the air hostess when I saw her closed eyes. The hostess ran in again.

"How long till we land?"

"An hour from now," she answered.

That's too long.

I checked her pulse, luckily it was still beating but faint that meant she was unconscious.

"Take her to the bathroom and clean her up, take one of my dress shirt with you," I instructed her before leaving her with Dalia.

Some minutes later, Cindy came of the cabin, "sir I have cleaned and dressed her up."

"Thank you, consider a raise in your pay for being efficient," I said and she smiled happily.

"Thank you sir."

I went into the cabin and her on the bed looking pale, I scolded my self for being careless.

"From now on, I'll protect you," I said as I stared at her before going to freshen up.

=========================
I re-edited this part because it was over dramatic, this is how best I could do it.
Vote and comment

Peace ✌️✌️