Chapter 22

💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋

"I asked a question," he leaned further into her ear. Her breath hitched, it took all her willpower to not reveal how affected she was.

"And I answered you dummy," she managed to whisper, he smirked and bit her earlobe.

Dalia stiffened before landing a swift kick up his groin, he gasped and fell to the ground.

"OMG, I'm so sorry, I acted out of instinct," she rushed to help him.

"F**k, I swear you could have made me impotent."

She helped him to the sofa and rushed into the kitchen coming out with an ice bag.

"Sorry," she handed him the bag, he glared at her wincing in pain.

"Is that even real?"

"What?"

"Your apology," he eyed her.

"No," she deadpanned.

"What! you– just forget it." He placed the ice pack on his groin and stood up painfully.

"Prepare, we are going for the 5th anniversary celebration of GK company."

"What?! I thought the celebration was yesterday," she said.

"I told them it won't be convenient for me and they decided to push it to today," he answered blatantly.

She gaped at him, "wait, they postponed it because of you?"

"What can I say, I'm awesome right?" He posed like a model and ran his through his hair dramatically and for some reason she found it hot but she kept a blank expression.

"Don't give me that face, I'm right, ain't I?"

She turned and walked away to the kitchen. Matteo scoffed and flicked his hair like a woman and walked away.

Dalia burst out in a fit of laughter.

Time skip

The Navy blue ancient Greek styled gown hugged my body bringing out my pear figure.

(AN: can't remember which figure she had, if you do then imagination away)

The diamond earrings dangled from my ears and the expensive purse I was holding glittered.

"Done yet?" Matteo yelled from outside the door.

"No!"

String of cursed followed next and I hurriedly arranged my hair before stepping out the room.

"Gosh, what took you so lo-" Matteo stared at me intensely.

"Nothing, let's go." I walked passed him and got into the car, he followed.

"Whenever you get nervous just hold on to my arm okay?" He said with concern.

"What makes you think that I'll get nervous, I have attended these kind of parties countless of times so I will not need your help," I tilt my chin upward in a snobbish way.

"Okay, suit yourself," he said and ordered the driver to drive away.

We entered the expensively decorated environment, the party was held at the Gren–Kennedy resident aka GK.

"Woah," I gaped at the beautiful decor. Matteo glanced at me and scowled.

"Close your mouth Marissa."

"There's even an exclusive red carpet and the freaking PAPARAZZI!!," I broke out in cold sweat and gripped my gown.

"Don't tell me you're scared now huh?" He mocked and climbed out of the car.