Chapter 14

•••••••••••••••••••••••
Thirdperson POV
••••••••••••••••••••••••

Marilyn stared at the picture in her hand for God knows how long. He is hers alone to have, hers alone keep and that slut is not gonna take him away from her if only she was careful enough not get caught cheating on him with Nathan. She dialled an unknown number.

"I have a job for you, I will send a picture to you. Make sure the person is dead, do what ever you must."She sent the picture immediately. 

"I'll make sure to get it done," the assassin said.

"Once it is done, I will send you the remaining part of the  money." She hung up and took another picture, lighting it on fire, she watched it burn with a murderous expression.

"I will make you regret coming between me and my man," she said.

______________

•••••••••••••••••
Mateo's POV
•••••••••••••••••

I leaned slowly into her face and almost kissed her when she moved sharply and headbutted me right out of my Fantasyland.

She freaking headbutted me! I released her and stumbled backwards, holding my forehead head while she stood perfectly fine. Who the hell headbutts people and is perfectly fine!?

She smirked and ran out of the room. I chased her to the living room and what I saw almost made me fall on my face. Sitting right in the damn living room was my mother, can't this day get any better.

First, I was thrown out of the bed.

Second, I was headbutted.

Third, now my mom is sitting in the living room staring at the two of us. God knows whats going on in that head of hers.

She looked from her to me, to her again and then to me.

"Nice to meet you Mom, it is not what seems," Marissa politely said fumbling with the hem of my hoodie trying to convince mother while I stood idle.

I just need to act like it doesn't matter.

I casually walked to the kitchen area and took a bottle of water. Mother walked in with her arms folded, staring at me, demanding for an answer.

"What was that Rafael?" Mother squealed and I cringed inwardly. Whenever mother says my middle name, it's always to scold me.

"It was nothing mother, don't stress, we were working overnight and it is normal for her to spend a night in my penthouse," I said in a nonchalant tone.

"Don't address me as mother, it's Mom, I am not some old English queen and it is not normal for a girl to wear your clothing and you....." She gestured at my body.

"You mean she wearing my hoodie and me shirtless," I opened the water and gulped it down. I set it on the table and turned to face her. She rubbed her forehead worriedly.

"How many times have I told you to use a cup? Using a cup won't kill you Rafael!"

I sighed audibly and walked out of the kitchen obviously tired of her rants. Mother glided towards the door and turned to face me.

"Whatever I am doing for you is for your own good, I and your father wish to see our grandchildren before death  visits us. I know you like her unless she won't be wearing your hoodie, nobody wears your things and I am certain you don't bring girls to your house, you do it at hotels but she is different, hold on to her, don't lose her," mother said in a serious tone and walked away.

I was left thinking about what she said. "What makes her think I like Marissa?"

I walked towards my room looking for her, she must have left when Mom and I were discussing.

I heard a noise coming from the guest room and went investigating. I barged into the room, what I saw turned me on. No jokes. She was in a bathrobe meaning she had stepped out of the shower not long ago.

She was at the verge of taking the bathrobe off. It only went passed her shoulders when I saw a flower tattoo, it a dark blue flower.

She turned almost instantly and our eyes locked for a few seconds before she let out a scream. I slammed the door and turned away replaying what I just saw.
___________

•••••••••••••••
Dalia's POV
•••••••••••••••

I watched as Mrs Silvetti walked into the kitchen following Mateo, I figured they'd need privacy.

I walked into a room that was probably a guest room. Looking around, I awed at the beauty. "Woah! amazing, everything smells good, I won't be surprised if this is where he carries out his nightly activities."

I took off the hoodie and my underwear and laid them on the bed before stepping into the shower and having the bath of my life. I didn't know how long I was in there when I remembered that Jason's arrival was today.

"No shit Sherlock!!"

I dashed out of the shower wearing the bathrobe I saw. I l hurriedly wipe my hair dry, I was just about to dump the bathrobe off when I felt a presence. I turned back only to come face to face with him.

Was he standing there the whole time? Pervert!

I screamed and he slammed the door abruptly. I hurriedly dressed up in my tight club dress and walked out the door. He was sitting on the couch drinking whiskey and ignoring me.

"You can't leave looking like that," he glanced at me.

"And you have a better option?" I retorted sarcastically. He stood up and walked out of the room again.

I sighed audibly. "This cannot be happening." He emerged from within the house holding a jacket, his jacket. He draped it over my body completely covering my body, stopping at my mid thigh,the same length as my dress.

"Better," he said in a monotonous tone.

"I don't need your jacket, I'm fine," I scoffed and attempted to pull off the jacket. Suddenly, I felt being lifted.

"Hey! Put me down!" I screeched and banged on his back. Mateo was me carrying on his broad shoulder again looking unconcerned as we walked passed the receptionist who was staring at us agape.

I blushed so furiously that I bet my face was already a tomato. He carried me to my car and set me down on my feet. Instead of vexation, anger and hate, I felt absurd swirls of butterflies in my gut.

Why am I not screaming profanities at him?

I couldn't find an answer to that.

--------------------------------------------------

Scopes of love💖💖 is in the air, they've started catching feelings and they don't know it.

Hello guys, how's this chapter? Leave a comment and do not forget to vote, your vote counts.😘😘

Stay tuned

Peace ✌️✌️