Chapter 38

••••••••••••••••
Marilyn POV
••••••••••••••••

"I have far been too lenient with them. Time to speed up things." she called her henchman.

"Yes boss," he bowed as soon as he came in.

"Rig the building, I'll be having guests."

••••••••••••••••••••••••
Third person POV
••••••••••••••••••••••••

After Marilyn left, Dahlia came out of the kitchen, looking around she could see neither Marilyn nor Matteo.

"Uh? Where is everybody?" She asked looking around. Suddenly she felt a presence behind her and turned instantly to hit the person with a cooking spoon but the person was quick enough to wrench the spoon from her hand.

"Oh it's you," Dahlia let out a sigh of relief as soon she saw it was him, "where is Marilyn?" She asked looking around for her.

"She left," he replied flatly and turned to walk away but she held his arm.

"Why? Did you guys quarrel?" Dahlia asked and he snatched his arm away from her grip running it through his hair.

"Why did you invite her over? I told you that we are married so it's wrong to invite my ex over," he said in frustration.

"You don't have to lie, I know that we are not married Matteo," Dahlia said and he looked at her in surprise.

"I am starting to remember somethings as marriage is not one of them, I know she is your fianceé because she announced it earlier today," she said shrugging her shoulders and Matteo looked at her in surprise.

"Are you angry with me....I mean....I lied," he said scratching the back of his neck looking like a child caught with his hand in a jar of cookies.

You are not the only person lying here.

"I am angry right now," Dahlia said, she was not really angry because she right from start that they are not married. "So your punishment is cleaning the whole house for a week without the help of the workers," she added. She could use this to her advantage.

"Wow that's not what I expected," Matteo spoke and she glared at him.

"Then I extend it to a month," she declared and walked away.

~~~~~~~

Lacy walked home after dropping her car at the mechanic. It's was past nine in the evening when she arrived at her house, before unlocking the door, she felt a chill run down her spine like she was being watched.

Fumbling with her keys, she unlocked the door and stepped in and closed the door behind her, leaning against it.

"God what was that just now?" She said silently. it's probably nothing. I am just being paranoid, calm down Lace there is nothing out there.

Lacy dropped her bag on the couch, pulled off her heels and went upstairs to her room. She was getting ready to take her bath when she heard a creaking noise coming from downstairs. Her heart ran to her throat as she broke out in cold sweat.

"W..who is that? Mark? Mark is that you?" She called probably thinking it was her hot nosey neighbor, but she was answered with silence and her sense of danger heightened.

Lace pulled off the towel wrapped around her body and wore a baggy shirt and shorts. If there was any need to run out of the house atleast she should look decent. She slowly and cautiously went downstairs, surveying the living room there no one there but the door left ajar.

"Oh my God," Lacy gasped and felt a towering presence behind her. She rushed towards the door to run out but the person grabbed her torso preventing her.

"Let me go!" She screamed and flung her hands widely and slapped the person.

"Fuck," the person groaned and flung her to the wall. Series of pain swept through her body and she groaned. She stood up painfully and dashed upstairs to her room but the intruder caught her again, she reached for the plant pot at the base of the staircase and smashed it his head.

"I'll fucking kill you," he growled and rushed towards her, she was quick to rush up the stairs with a sprained ankle and slammed her door shut.

Lacy searched hook and cranny for her phone but couldn't find it. "Shit I left it downstairs," she ran her hand through her hair and she remembered the bag she threw on the couch.

"Fuck!" He repeated holding his head while turning the kitchen upside down in search of a knife.

"Where the fuck does she keep them," he opened all the cabinet throwing the plates and glass cups out finally he saw what he was looking for. A devilish looking twelve inches knife in the dishwasher.

Whistling with the knife in hand, he climbed upstairs.

"Open up Lacy I know you're in there," he smirked behind the mask he was wearing. "or I'll break down this door," he growled rattling the door knob.

Lace paled again. Should she jump out the window? No, that would lead to instant death. She immediately began making a rope out of her bedsheets but it was already too late as the rattling knob became a full bang on the door and the door gave way letting the masked man in.

"Preparing to escape? Sorry to burst your bubble darling its too late for that," he said and rushed towards her. She dodged him and ran out but he caught her hips and threw her towards the bed, she fell and hit her head on the night stand making her hairline break and blood rush down her face.

"You will never get me," she spat ferociously as the intruder came towards her with a knife. He crouched down to her eye level.

"You are really one heck of a fighter," the voice changer rang out, she could feel a smirk forming on his lips.

"And you really had to dress up in this sick slasher costume," she glared painfully at him and he chuckled.

"So tell me, what's your favorite scary movie?" He asked and her eyes narrowed before he could stab her, she headbutted him and pushed him away.

"Gosh woman," he yelled tired of her attacks. Lacy scrambled to her feet even with the dizzy feeling and blurry vision the blood caused. He stood up and launched another attack hoping to catch her again but accidentally plunge the knife into her side.

Lacy felt a sharp pain, knocking the breath out of her lungs. She collapse to the ground and in no time was covered in the pool of her blood.

"Oh my God! I didn't mean it to go this way, stay with me Lacy, stay with me," he cuddled her body and pressed his palm on her wound. Lacy stretched out her hand and pulled the mask away.

"Ah it's you, you are the one," she laughed and fell silent. He immediately took her body downstairs and out the the house. Getting into his car, he drove off into the unknown.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote!!!!! Or I swear to God.......