Chapter 45

Dedicated to all who have followed me till this now.
_______________________________

"I don't have a home, Nathan abandoned me so I am sorry I can't," Marilyn cried and....

Bang!

Two bodies collapsed on the floor. Matteo screamed and ran to them.

"Dahlia!! Stay with me love, come back to me, don't leave me please, I love you," he cuddled her body and cried, tears streaming down his face.

"Who would have thought that a stone cold billionaire like you could be this expressive," Dahlia croaked, her body shook as she tried to stifle her laughter.

"Sei Viva! Sei fottutament viva," he laughed, Dahlia smiled and wiped his tears with her thumb.
(You are alive, you are fucking alive)

"Thanks to this," she pointed at a gun next to her. "You distracted her enough for me to shoot her before she could pull the trigger." Matteo was so overwhelmed with relief and he slammed his lips on hers, kissing her gently. Marilyn's body lay beside them with a bullet hole to the chest and her eyes wide opened like she couldn't believe what just happened.

"Let's get out of here," he whispered and put his arms around her, helping her walk. Some parts of the building were gradually collapsing. Matteo dodged the falling bricks and woods and shielded her till he got to the exit, he burst through the door and saw the police, fire fighters and ambulance outside the building.

"Finally," Dahlia whispered and fainted, Matteo became alarmed and yelled for the medical workers who ran to help them. They laid Dahlia on a stretcher and wheeled her into the ambulance.

"Bro, I thought you died, I couldn't communicate with you after you hung up," Lucas sniffed, his eyes were red.

"Were you crying?" Matteo chuckled as he laid on his stretcher. Lucas hit him on the shoulder and frowned at him.

"Another one here!" One of the medical workers shouted carrying a girl in his arms. "I found her at the back of the building, her legs are broken."

"Shit! That's Lacy!" Matteo stood up and limped towards the worker who had found Lacy. "Did you find a man? 6ft tall, blond, wearing a blue jacket, white tee and jeans? He was in the east wing."

"No, I didn't see anybody by that description," the worker said as he and another worker push Lacy's stretcher into the ambulance.

A worker ran to him. "Sir please get into the stretcher so we treat you immediately." Matteo nodded and limped back to his stretcher.

"Take care of Lacy," he told Lucas before they wheeled him into the ambulance. The two ambulance bus drove out of heading to the hospital.

_______________________________

Five days later.....

I sat beside the love of my life watching her sleep. Her fingers, and throat were bandaged, stitches on her right cheek where she had been slashed which might leave a scar. An oxygen was placed on her nose helping her to breath.

The doctor said she was lucky to be alive considering the amount of blood she lost, the poison hadn't achieved it's full effect rendering her temporarily unable to talk, if it had, it would have been permanent.

"Wake up honey, everyone is waiting for you to wake up, I am waiting for you to wake up," I held her palm in mine rubbing it gently. Just as if my prayers were answered, her finger shook and her eyes slowly opened. She gestured for a glass of water and I gave her before going to call the doctor.