Chapter 7

•••••••••••••••••
Mateo's POV
••••••••••••••••

She called back, I just knew it.

Knock!

"Come in," I say while checking the documents on my desk. The door opened and she walked in with Miss Hills who was blushing and pouting at me.

Why have I not fired her yet?

I looked up and felt her eyes on me, I wanted to say 'like what you see?' but she beat me to it.

"Good morning, Mr Silvetti", she said with a sweet smile, I was confused.

What's with her attitude today, I thought she was going to shoot lasers from her eyes or cuss me.

"You may go Miss Hills."

After she left, I surveyed her body and for no reason I was turned on, her wide curvy hips fitted into her pencil skirt, her stilettos made her legs longer, her slim waist and her tight blouse that made her boobs pop out.

Damn, I think will die of blue balls.

She cleared her throat, I looked at her face.

"I see you have come back after vowing never to set foot in my company," I smirked seeing how hard she's trying to hold her anger.

"I am back sir, can we start immediately?" she politely asked. I frowned, was she trying to annoy me with her politeness.

"Sit down." And she sat down, I passed the contract on my desk to her and she reluctantly took it.

"I want you to signed the contract."

I studied her expression as she read it and her eyes widened.

"You can't expect me to signed this, it says I should work for you for two years and have lunch with you everyday, are you crazy?" She yelled.

"Sign the papers or walk out," I stared at her coldly. She huffed and stared at me back, we were staring at each other for few minutes before she picked the paper and signed.

"Beecause I signed the contract doesn't mean we are done here, you can't throw intimidate me with that chicken stare of yours," she snorted at me.

"What? How dare you call me a chicken? You...."

"Where is my office sir?" she turned her head away, I glowered at her and called my secretary to show her where she would be working.

"Merci beaucoup monsieur." She turned and walked away in a dignified manner. (Thank you very much sir)

I was stunned. The hell! I thought she was here to roast me but she walked in here acting like a royalty.

Ummm, I bet she has an ulterior motive. 🤔🤔

_________

•••••••••••••••
Dalia's POV
•••••••••••••••

I smirked and followed the secretary who later introduced her self as Lacey Taylor, Lace for short.

"Wow, I like the way you talked to the boss. You were like 'take that sucker! I'mma punch you in the gut asshole," she giggled and I laughed at the expressions she was making.

"How is he like?" I asked, hoping to get some information out of her to use to my advantage, not like the advantage you guys are thinking, I just want to irritate him all the more.

"Oh the boss? Umm......He is harsh, shrewd businessman, he doesn't take nonsense, he's a workaholic and you are his second PA."

Second PA? Cool

Wait!

What?😯😯

"What do you mean by 'second PA," I asked in shock. "He has a first?"

"Yes, I don't really know what he does but he is currently on a business trip of some sort," she shrugged and showed me to my working cubicle.

"And here's where you'd be working," she chirped and turned to me. "Get ready to receive your first work."

"My first work?"

Just then, Mr Silvetti walked in. "I see you have settled down, here's a set of files I want you to sort, get it done and return to my office an hour." He walked away like a majestic chicken towards the elevator.

"What a proud Cockerel," I sneered and sat down on the revolving chair.

"Thank you Lacey."

"No probs." She gave me a thumbs up and went to her work space which was three feet away from mine, I Immediately went to work.

Few minutes later.

"Finally!!" I half shouted and stretched. Lace was still buried in her work. I adjusted my glasses and walked up to his office and knocked but no one answered, I walked in and delivered the files.

"Hey Lace, care for some croissants?" I took out my packed lunch and shook it, indicating what was inside. Her eyes lit up. "Yeah, but president Silve..."

"Don't worry he is not around to punish us," I interrupted her and still shook it.

"Ok, just one."

I gave her one and watched how her expression changed when she ate it.

"OMG this is delicious, another one please?" She pleaded, I smiled and handed her another croissant. We were busy eating that we didn't know when someone walked in.

I sensed someone's presence and turned around, my eyes widened, standing behind me was a very handsome brown haired man, he was looking stunned as well.

"Uhmm, Lace we are so screwed." 😲😲

She jerked up her head and at the person standing behind me, He waved at us and smiled.

"Hi I'mm Luke, Luke Webster, nice to meet you," he stretched out his hand for a handshake.

"The name's Dalia Banks, Dali for short or Marissa, that's my middle name," I gave him a friendly smile.

"And I hope you won't snitch on us," Lacey asked with a malicious grin, the guy shifted uncomfortablely and looked at me. I smiled at him.

"Consider me blind, I was not here when it happened," he turned and started leaving but he stopped and turned, scratching the back of his neck. He asked, "uhmm....Mari, would you like to go to lunch with me?"

I froze for a moment. "Yes, I'd love to go, consider it a payment for keeping quiet."

"Ok." He smiled and walked away.

After he left, I turned to see Lacey stuffing the last croissant in her mouth. I groaned, that's what you get for inviting someone to share your food.

..................•°•°•°•°•°•°•..................

Looks like someone is going on a lunch date!!☺️☺️😊😊.
Mateo will be so jealous, cute right? Let's wait and see on the next chapter.

AN: is it me or is this novel taking too long to get to the romance part, well fear no more fellas, I will fast forward the days, till then👇👇

Peace ✌️✌️.