Chapter 27

"Can't you do anything to keep her away from him?" He asked her impatiently.

"What do you think I have been doing? Playing around? Of course I have been doing something unlike you," she scoffed.

"I know I have not be doing something... atleast for now but didn't you say the plan to drive to them apart could work? What happened?" He sounded anxious.

"I said could not would, can't you differentiate between the two?"

"What's our next plan?" Anxiety filled his tone.

"I will think of something but in the meantime my informat is watching them, trust me, she would be yours sooner than later," she hung up and sinister smirk grew on her face.

~~~~

••••••••••••••••
Dahlia's POV
••••••••••••••••

"Good day sir," I greeted him and walk pass, surprisingly, he didn't call me back but just glanced and continued working.

I dropped the splendidly made coffee on his desk quietly and retreated.

He nodded and continued typing, I expected him to talk about yesterday but he just ignored my presence, I slipped away. Lacy waved at my face and started prattling away about something but I didn't hear her because of how absent-minded I was.

"Hey Dee, are you even listening?" She snapped her fingers in my face and I blinked.

"What was it you were saying?" I pushed the thought to the back of my head and smiled. One thing I was good at was hiding my emotions.

"About how a cool and handsome dude asked me out yesterday," She continued prattling till I stopped her.

"Why don't we get down to work," I held her hand and smiled, she smiled and nodded.

"You're right," she waved her finger like a fairy godmother and glided towards her desk humming. My face dropped and I too went to my desk.

Later in the evening, I packed my things and Lacy walked up to me. "I noticed that your mood is down so I've decided I am taking you out, my treat!"

"I am sorry Lacy but i am kinda....busy today," I tugged a lock of my hair, I always do that when I lie.

"You're doing the thingy again aren't you?" Lacy stared her me with her piercing hazel eyes and I sighed wearily.

"Okay, okay, you got me," I hands up in surrender, she gave me a toothy grin and dragged me away.

"Where are we going?" I asked and almost tripped on my heels, she just smiled and dragged me towards her car.

Minutes later and we are standing in front of a Korean restaurant, she led me in and the scent of Korean food filled my nose making my mouth water.

"I have been wanting to taste Korean food for the past two days but I didn't have enough money but guess?" She dipped her hand into her bag and brought out two coupons.

"Coupons!" She waved it excitedly and I chuckled softly at her display of excitement. I guess I should have a little more fun.

"Then let's eat!" I fist pumped into the air. We ordered ramen noodles, chop suey, dim sums, dumplings, hot pot, koftas, korma, soju, etc.

"Um...this is delicious," Lacy said with her mouth filled with meat, I nodded stuffing my mouth with ramen noodles. After trying out several Korean foods, Lacy started complaining about how stuffed she was.

"You decided to eat everything on the table and I let you," I drank the soju and stood up.

"Aww...can't you sympathize with me for a bit?" She grumbled and stood up after me, swaying.

I held unto her hand and pulled her outside the restaurant, it was already past eight, we had unknowingly spent two hours in the restaurant.

"Wait Dee, let me make a call," she said and left to make a call while I stood by the platform on the road. Suddenly a drunk came out of a nearby alley and grabbed my hand, I struggled with him and he pushed me into the road.

I felt my life flash before my eyes as a sports car I noticed was not there before came speeding towards me.

*Bang!*

I felt a piercing pain all over my body, I could hear the car reversing and driving off, I could hear Lacy screaming, I could hear them calling 911.

I could hear nothing, absolutely nothing, just as I blacked out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~