💖chapter fourteen💖

Raymond

Months later..
3rd term ending...
July..

Funny how time flies. First term was really great not to talk of second third and now third term. Looking back, Monica, Troy and Amber really made my final year awesome. Christmas was fantastic as well as new year but my birthday, I got the best gift ever.

*flash back*

January 14th

"Son, tomorrow is your day. Your last year as a teen. What do you want mommy to get for you", mom asked me during dinner.

"Nothing mom. I have everything except a girlfriend", I said.

"So, is there any girl you have in mind. You know, as the only son and child of the Edwards, anything you want you must have", she winked.

I bursted into laughter. "Are you serious mom. The girl I love isn't a trophy to be won. I want to earn her love and affection".

"Okay, so who's she?"

"You know her mom".

"Seriously. It is Katrina?", she asked which got me annoyed.

"Never mom. I have never for once liked that girl, she's too full of herself". 

"Okay then. Who is this girl that you claim I know?"

"Monica!"

"Son. I remember your father saying you should stay away from her. Do you want your father to get angry with you".

"No mom. Dad can't keep taking decisions for me. By tomorrow, I will be 19. Am old enough to take my own decisions", I yelled.

"Keep your voice down son. How dare you yell at me".

"Am sorry mom".

"You just have to obey your father. You know how he can be when he's angry. I don't want him to leash his anger on you".

"Why is it that he doesn't want me to be happy?"

"Don't say that son".

"But it's true. Is it Monica's fault that her father was a bad man or an irresponsible father. Mom, you know Monica, you have met her before. She's of good character and morals".

"I know son. I also love her too but your father is the head of this family and his decision is finally".

"Not in my case mom".

"You can't disrespect your father. Not now, not ever".

"If he continues like this, I will just have to disobey him this time".

"Son!"

"Mom please!"

"My dear child, I want the best for you but opposing his decision is really difficult and I can't stand his aggressive side baby".