💖chapter thirty three💖

Monica

"Have you heard from Raymond since he left for New York?", Amber asked,  squeezing my hand. "Not at all. His phone has been out of reach since. Either it says not available or it's switched off", I sighed, resting my back on one of the pillows on the V-shaped couch.

"Well, I guess he will reach out to us when he dim fit", I added, biting my lower lip trying my best not to fell moody. "That's alright sweetie. Troy will drop by today though", she said, changing the topic.

It's Saturday and I decided to visit her instead, moreover it has been long since I saw momsie and popsie and her younger brother has been begging me to come over. "Wow, that's great. Did you tell him about this", I sighed, pointing to my tummy.

"Yes I did, but he didn't believe me. Even him, he hasn't heard anything from Raymond", I said. "Back to our usual conversation, what names do you have in mind for our baby", she grinned sweetly. "Well, you see. I want only k names. For a girl, I have Kaimachukwu, Kemi since her father is yoruba and Kim. Mom said she will also name the baby kosisochukwu since its a unisex name", I said, smiling.

"That's cool. And I will name her kiera too", she smiled, dancing in a funny way. "So what about if it's a boy?",

"As for the boy, kion will be his English name. Then, Kamsichukwu as his native name. I really don't have any idea of yoruba name to give him yet", I said, trying to think of one.

"Kayode will do", she sighed, giving me an agreement look. "Naaaa, I don't really like that name", I said, shaking my head in a negative way. "Kehinde nko?", she asked.

"Will think about it", I said, using my hand to brush it away. "Is there any yoghurt in the house?", I asked, getting up to go to the kitchen. "No, but we have juice", she sighed following me.

"I think someone is knocking", I told her, still hearing the sound. She walked over to the door and opened it. The image standing before her was so dashing. The way she rushed him into a big romantic hug, he almost lost his balance. "I can't breathe babe", he managed to say, due to the way she had her hands wrapped around his neck.

I just stood watching the love birds as they exchanged pleasantries and kisses. "You both should get a room", I sighed, walking towards them.

"Hey, Monic baby", he chuckled giving me a warm hug. His eyes widened when he was poked by my baby plump. "You are really.... ", he startled,

"Yah, will be due soon", I smiled.

"You don't look it at all. Wait, that's how you are able to attend lectures without being noticed", he said, still looking amazed with what his eyes are beholding.

"C'mon, stop teasing please", I said, helping myself with a seat.

"Name him Troy", he smiled, raising his eye brows. Amber and I laughed, "we already have the names for either a girl or boy child. She has refused to do a scan", she said, motioning him to sit.

We talked until I noticed I just water running through my thighs to the floor "Babes, did you just pee on yourself?", she asked me, looking surprised.

"I think so", I said, using my hand to touch it before bringing it to my nose to perceive. "This isn't urine babes, I don't know... Aaahhhaaaa", I screamed.

"What's wrong", Troy panicked. "Her water just broke", Amber told him.

"I think the baby.... is co.... Aaaaahhhaaa", I screamed again.

"Hold on. What do we do", she panicked, run to and fro while Troy helped me up to my feet".

"My back.... Aaaahhaaa",

They finally assisted me to the back seat of the car. Troy did the driving while Amber was with me, massaging my side, trying to keep me calm.

We soon got to the hospital and I was taken to the labour room. After several times pushing and screaming to the top of my lungs while the nurse was massaging my tummy, yet the baby still refused the come out.

"Take your breathe", the doctor told me and I did, "now push", she ordered and I pushed screaming Raymond's name, digging my nails into the flesh of the nurses by my both sides. "I can see the head, keep pushing", she ordered and I kept pushing, screaming.

The moment I heard the cries of my baby, I smiled. The nurses and the doctor gave me a sweet smile. "Congratulations dear", the one by my right sighed. I managed to smile before falling into deep sleep.

                           Amber

The moment they wheeled her into the labour room, I dialed her mom's number informing her what happened and the hospital we were at before calling my parents who stepped out an hour ago. 

Troy just kept on panicking from left to right. I'm very sure the people around had the mind set that he was either the husband or the boyfriend of Monica.

"Love, please calm down. You are making me scared", I said, pulling him to sit. "Don't worry, she's really strong. Both her and the baby will be fine", I said, assuring him.

"I'm sorry baby. I'm the one meant ti give you strength but here I am, panicking like a child", he sighed, welcoming me into a hug. "I understand", I smiled, resting my head on his shoulder.

One hour passed and no result yet. Not even the doctor nor nurse came out. Both my parents and Mrs Diane were already with us. They were even stronger than us. All they did was to sit, close their eyes and wait patiently. I guess they were also praying for a safe delivery too.

After a while, one of the nurses came out and when we tried asking questions, she just ignored us and walked away.  I didn't know why tears ran down my cheeks. I was scared. Really scared for her at this point. What if she has complications. What if they have to open her to bring out the baby. What if something bad happens to kiera or the mother. I thought.

The doctor finally came out with an expressionless face. Monica's mom quickly ran to her, "how she and the baby?", she asked holding the doctor's coat.

She looked at us and gave us a wide smile, "congratulations ma'am, she had a baby girl", she said. Mrs Diane hugged her, smiling and also crying. I think, tears of joy of a grandmother.

My parents hugged each other, while Troy and I hugged. "Can we see her now?", I asked her. "Sure, she's in her ward now. Just go straight and turn left. The first ward is hers", she directed us smiling.

"Thank you", we chorused, and left for her ward.

...

...