💖chapter twenty four💖

Monica

"I so much love today's homily", Amber said as soon as we came out from the exit.

"I know right. Fr Anthony is just wonderful and he's really good at telling stories relating to the readings", I sighed.

"You girls and gist, get into the car let's go home. Remember, your dad is taking you two out", mom said pointing at me.

"Mommy, give us some minutes let's take few selfies", I blew a kiss to her.

"Don't bribe me. You both have just 5mins and before that, take one shot", she said posing.

"Wawu. You look dammmmnn",  I said while amber came rushing to see the picture. "Mommy, please let me post this on instagram", she begged.

"Darling, you know I don't really like social me... ",

"Haba, just this once please. This shot can't just stay on Monica's phone doing nothing", her puppy eyes begged. "Ok, go ahead before you drug me with these puppy eyes of yours", mom chuckled.

We took more pictures before heading home. "Omg, guess what babes", Amber screamed behind me. "Hey, don't block my eyes jare. What am I guessing before I become deaf this sunday morning", I sighed.

"Okay. I uploaded mommy's picture on instagram like I said before and it has almost 200likes with comments. People are even asking if she and my mom are twins", she said in one rush.

"Calm down girl, leave instagram for now. When we get home, we will scream out loud", I said and we both chuckled

"Trust me, you will make a good blogger", I told her as we went upstairs while mom just kept smiling at her phone.

"So, when is you dad coming to pick up us", she signed throwing herself to the bed. "Dont know. Maybe 30mins from now or an hour", I said kicking out my heels.

(Phone rings)

"Babes, your phone is ringing", she shouted.

"Pass it to me", I said with both my face and my hand out full of soap.

"Hello, who's this please", I said as soon as I clicked on the green button.

"It's Micheal, your father. Just want to know if you're ready", the caller said over the phone.

"Ooooh, dad. We are getting ready, give us 25mins, we will be ready by then".

"We?", he asked.

"Yes dad, Amber and I. I hope you are okay with it, sorry am just letting you know. Will explain better when we see".

"That's no problem. Actually thought your mom changed her mind. But it's fine. Will be there by 11", he said and hanged up.

"Sooo?", Amber asked as I handed her the phone.  "We have only 45mins left", I said shutting the door at her face.

"See this girl oo. I will kill you when you get out of there", she yelled.

"That's if you have the power baby", I chuckled.

"Just get out first and you will see the power have got",

"Aunty, go and sleep before you start crying", I said but trust Amber and her crazy self, she kept on yelling and blabbing.

"So you are still ranting since. Will you get to the bathroom and shower. Dad is on his way", I said opening my wardrobe.

"So, instead of you to tell me sorry for shutting the door at my face, you are asking me if am done ranting", she sighed.

"Awwn, sorry darling. But honestly, I didn't know this was your reason for yelling since".

"Lie lie. Better leave me alone", she said and went into the bathroom with her towel rapped on her body.

She came out still with the long face. "Hey, thought I apologized", I said hugging her.

"You know what I like when you want to apologize", she rolled her eyes.

"Okay, will get something for you when we go out", I said and her mood changed immediately.

"So, tell me. What are you wearing?"

"Oh my goodness, all this while you were forming. I should have known", I hissed unwrapping my hands from her.

"I wonder why you are always surprised when you aren't any better from me", she chuckled.

"No no. We are fucking different please",

"You wish", she signed sitting down to cream her body.

"Wow. I love that dress", she said staring at me from my head to my knee. "So what shoes are you going to wear?", she asked.

"A pink snickers",

"That's perfect. Can you give me your grey snickers, please".

"Sure. Just look for it over there", I pointed at the shoe rack.

"Thanks love".

"So what are you wearing, Mrs fashionista?", I asked.

"Nothing much, just a white dress too with the grey snickers or should I use the white snickers that has patterns", she said looking confused.

"You know anything that has to do with fashion more than me so I think you know better", I said lacing my shoe. "Just hurry up, dad shoukd be here any moment from now".

"Help me with the zip please", she said backing me and I zipped the dress. "Your mom will think we planned the outfit together", she sighed walking to the shoe rack to get the snickers.

"So which one should I use", she asked lifting the white with her right hand and the grey with the other".

"White is better. At least, your dress is more of black than white because of the poker dots",

"Thanks sweetheart. You're the best", she said blowing a kiss to me.

"Just be quick about it", I said applying a pink lip gloss.

"Girls, are you all set", mom said opening the door. "He's here already".

"We are ready mommy", we chorused as we took our bag from the bed.

"You both look dashing", she smiled.

"Dad, meet Amber. Amber, dad", I said introducing them.  I had to introduce them because the last time or rather the first time they met, it didn't turn out well.

We did a little chat before leaving. "Be good girls", mom waved at us as we headed to the car leaving both of them alone.

"It will be cool if both of them get back together", I said and Amber gave me a strange look.

"Are you for real. You that can't stand his presence", she said still with the strange look on. "I guess am beginning to like him. He's still my father regardless", I signed.

"I love the sound of that", she smiled.

"Let's go girls", he said unlocking the doors.

.....