💖chapter forty seven💖

Monica

Sandra arrived lagos a week before the wedding with her boyfriend. Yeah, that reminds. Ray's cousin is also in town but he's staying in his uncle's house.

The wedding week came quicker than what I anticipated for.

Monday, my wedding dress was delivered and I also sorted out the dresses for the little brides. Tuesday, we chilled out to have some fun with the guys. Wednesday, we had our finally marriage class. Thursday, Maureen took Kim out with Peter. And here we are, friday evening.

Tonight, we are holding a small family gathering. Since he wasn't interested in having a bachelor's party, we agreed on a wedding eve celebration.

Our dads argued on whose house to have the party. I finally chose Mr Edward's. It was gonna be easier since it was more spacious than dad's house.

It was more of a party because my dad and his dad invited their business partners too. Troy also invited few of his colleagues as well as myself, Maureen and Amber. Our mother's invites were few.

Troy, being a silly and cool guy decided to be the MC of the event.

Raymond hugged me from behind and whispered, "I can wait for tomorrow's evening".

"And what is happening tomorrow evening?", I turned around and asked, acting all innocent. "Wait and see", he smirk before placing a kiss on lips. "You taste like mint", he teased, fully aware I don't like mint flavor.

I saw his dad walking towards us with a guy beside him. "Babe, I think dad want to introduce you to another business partner", I blew him a kiss then excused myself to meet with the ladies.

                            Raymond

"Why did she run off like that?", dad asked, as soon as he got closer to where I was standing.

"She assumed you wanted to talk about business again and you know how much she get bored about it", I replied. "So is this another partner?", I asked looking at the brown skinned guy beside him.

"No son. Uhm, you see.. This is your senior brother", dad said, introducing him to me. "He's a barrister and he's the guy I told you is also your best man. I hope his suit is really", he added.

"Great, mom only mentioned him once and since then I haven't been able to know more about him", I smirked. "And yes it is really. It's in my house", I said.

"Good. Now that I have introduced you both, I hope you get along pretty good", dad smiled, tapping both of us on the shoulder.

I was about to talk or say something when monica walked up to us. "Hey dad", she pecked him on the cheeks. The guy's eyes narrowed to Monica, from her head to her toes. I watched him as he stared at monica which irritated and annoyed me, pissing me off.

He still had his eyes on her even when she stood by me after greeting dad. Dad soon disappeared into the crowd, leaving the three of us alone.

"Hey, I'm Raymond", I said to him, breaking the long stare he had on my wife-to-be. "Peter, Peter Thomas", he replied, stretching his hand for a shake.

I took Monica by the waist, "babe, meet my step brother.. Peter Thomas", introduced him to her. "Hi", she innocently smiled at him. "He mentioned you once. Nice meeting you", she added.

They shoo hands and it took a while before he released her hand. Shit! This guy is really pissing me off.

"Haven't we met before?", Monica asked, making a silly face. I guess she's trying to remember where and when they met. "Damn it. I was about asking the same thing. You look pretty familiar like we have dated before", he smirked.