💖chapter forty two💖

Hey lovers! Thanks alot for over 22k reads!!! 😍 I love you all, no doubt about it❤

To all those reading this book, I appreciate your support. Y'all made me stronger with your love and comments. Without you, I wouldn't have come this far!

A/N: This book is coming to an end😉😉. Enjoy!!!

                            Monica

Monday came like a rushing wind. The alarm buzzed into my ears as I stretched my right hand to switched it off. "Babe, can you please stop setting that alarm. It's too noisy", Ray sighed as he rolled to my side, wrapping his legs and arms around me.

"Ok love. Now, I have to prepare Kim for school before I get ready for work", I giggled, trying to unwrap myself from the warm cuddle. 

"Stay still babe, I just want to enjoy this moment", he placed a kiss on my ear.

I sighed. "Okay, I promise. When I'm back from work today, we'll have enough time to ourselves".

"Alright love", he unwrapped me. "You will be back by noon right?"

"I don't think so hon. I'm going out with Maureen today", I winked before leaving the room.

"Wakie wakie baby pie", I jumped on the bed waking my sleepy beauty up. "Time to have a bubble bath", I yelled, carring her to the bathroom.

"Good morning mommy", she greeted using the back of her palm to rub her eyes. "Morning Love", I kissed her and dropped her on the floor.

I switched on the water heater while she took out her toothbrush and paste. I collected them from her, squeezed out little paste on the brush and started brushing her teeth.

Soon, we came out from the bathroom with her towel wrapped around her body.

...

By the time we got downstairs, Ray had already prepared breakfast. Hot chocolate tea with toast. She settled on the table and started eating.

I was about to excuse myself to quickly prepare her lunch when he held me back. "Don't worry. It's done already. I already made noodles with fried eggs and and also added a piece of turkey with two mini packs of juice", he smiled, showing his set of white teeth.

"Awwwn. You're such a darling. Thanks husby", I kissed him and quickly ran back up stairs to get prepared for work. "Drive safely oooh", I shouted before I shut the door.

Quickly brushed my teeth and took a warm healthy bath. Used my cosmetics and brought out the outfits Ray chose for me the previous night. Wearing the blue skirt that exposed my curves and the white shevon top, I matched it with a silver flat shoe.

I packed up my natural long hair in a high pony tail, applied little powder and lipgloss before dashing out with my bag and car key.

The day went as planned as my morning shift was almost over. I took out my phone from my bag to place a call across Maureen. 4missed calls and a message appeared on the screen as I unlocked the phone.

Awwwwn. Sugar boy is already missing me. I smiled as I read the message.

Love, wish you a stress free day. Love you wiffy❤

Hmmm, wiffy. What a nice name. I thought blushing. I replied his message before calling Maureen.

                              ***

She dismissed the driver and settled in mine. "So we are we going?", I asked starting the engine.

"To the lawyer's office", she smiled.

"Seriously? Why?", I asked

She sighed. "I think it's time I know the content of the letter in his possession".

"Oooh. About that", I exclaimed

"Yes sis".

With the help of her direction, I drove inside the firm where the lawyer works. She called him and with the expression on her face, I guess he wasn't on seat.

"What's wrong?",

"He's not around and I told him yesterday that we'll be coming today", she frowned.

"Hey, don't worry. We can see him another day",

"Yeah".

As I reversed to leave, her phone rang. She picked it up and said only okay after a minute, then hanged up. "He said we should meet him at his house instead. He's not feeling too well that's why though", she smiled.

"Alright babes. You know his address right?"

"Of course yes. He has been our family lawyer since I was a child",

"Okay hon".

We arrived and were given a warm welcome by the wife of the lawyer who didn't seem confused or worried seeing us. I suspected she knew something.

We sat down on a twin couch waiting for the man to come down. He soon approached us with a brief case and sat down. We both greeted him.

Clearing his throat, he asked. "Who among you is Maureen?"

Maureen raised her hand up and smile. "The plan was until you are 25year old before I give you all your late father's properties and the letter. But since you have found your twin sister, I think I can now fulfil your late parent's wish", he said, opening the brief case and bringing out a file.

He handed her the papers of all the properties as well as the letter. I just sat down and watched them. She kept the documents aside and opened the letter envelope.

As she read through it, tears began to drop from her eyes. Her hands were shaking, she couldn't take it anymore so I took the letter from her and glance through it.

I myself didn't even know when water droplets started flowing down my cheeks. I used the back of my palms to wipe the tears off. If we are both reacting this way, how will mom react when she finds out her daughter was sold out without her knowledge.

I excused myself. I went out to take in fresh air because even with the AC, I found myself sweating. Maureen soon joined me with my bag and other documents requesting we left immediately.

I collected them from her and unlocked the car for her to calm down. "Where are we going now?", I asked softly. "Anywhere. I just want to.... ", she stopped for a while before adding, "Can we go see your parents, please?"

"Our parents you mean", I smirked and we both chuckled. "I'm happy you laughed", I smiled at her.

"Thanks sis. I wish I knew you before now",

"I know right. Don't worry, we have alot to catch up with. You see, I will introduce you to my bestie, my daughter......  Everybody and I'm sure we'll adapt to eachother before we know it. You know, you will also introduce me to your friends and.... ", I kept on blabbing while she did the laughing.

"Did you say a daughter?", she asked surprised.

"Yeah, a daughter. She's 6 already",

"Wawu. Can't wait to meet her. And I'm sure she will be a big sister to peter",

"She will ooo", I said and we both laughed hard. We talked and talked and talked as I drove to dad's place. I'm so happy her mood changed. At least, she will get to know her biological parents.

On the way, I called Ray to meet me at dad's place and he agreed. I also texted Amber but she was on shift. .

I parked the car at the garage and switched off the engine. "Welcome home sweet sis", I smiled.

"I can't wait to meet mom and dad", she smiled back but a bit nervous.

"Yes! That's the spirit sis. Now let's get going".