💖chapter twenty two💖

Monica

"Finally, someone remembered she left her mother at home", I heard mom say immediately I got in.

"I can see someone missed me too much", I said kissing her forehead.

"Why won't I miss my precious daughter, the only child of my womb", she replied putting on a sad face.

"You know I want a little brother and I know with time, you will give me one",

"From where?"

"From there", I said pointing to her stomach and we both laughed. "Mrs beauty sent her regards, though she didn't want me to go".

"Ohhh, she loves you too much even to the extent of wanting you to stay more. You see why I always say I gave birth to a charming little princess".

I just kept on laughing. "Let me go and freshen up, I will be with you shortly", I said leaving for my room.

"Okay baby".

I closed the door behind me gently, dropped my bag on my bed side bed and sat down. As I untied my shoe lace, I started thinking about what happened yesterday afternoon.

Just then, my phone started ringing out loud disturbing my thoughts.

"Think of the angel", I said looking at the phone as it displayed the caller "babe😍".

"Hey, are you home now love", he asked as soon as I picked up. "Yes baby, got home not long ago".

"Alright babe. Wanted to be sure, my regards to mom. Will call you later at night, bye", and he hanged up.

As I dropped the phone on the bed, it started ringing out loud again. Thus time, "bestest4life😉" was displayed. "Hey love, are you home now", she asked.

"Yes sweet, but isn't it too early. It's just past 2", I said staring at my wall clock. "I know, I just wanted to know if you were home. I went out with Troy though and am on my way home", she said.

"Wawuu. So hope you got something for me",

"Idiot. I got his balls so we'll cool fried rice with it", she joked.

"That's not a bad idea, but two balls won't be enough. I guess we will also need that of Raymond's", I played along.

"Come, I didn't call you so you will waste my credit, bye bye. I will be there by 4", she said blowing a kiss to me.

"Alright, my regards to mommy and your brother and mayb daddy too",

"They will hear, bye", and she hanged up.

I dropped the phone, quickly pulled off my clothes and rushed into the bathroom. Looking round my bathroom, I recalled the moment of bathing with Raymond and I smiled exposing my whole set of teeth.

As the water from the shower rushed down to the body with my eyes closed, I recalled the way he slowly thrust into me. I suddenly opened my eyes. I soaped my sponge and gently scrubbed my body recalling each moment of yesterday.

I didn't know I spent close to an hour in the bathroom until I heard my mom say, "are you alright in there, honey".

"Yes mommy", I screamed.

"So what's taking you long. You have been there for so long and we need to talk", she said.

"Talk about what, mom",

"C'mon, will you shower fast and get out of there before I drag you out myself",

"Oooops. Ok mom. Give me 5minutes".

"Fish, you finally came out", she attacked me the moment I stepped out. "If am I fish, then I guess you are the lucky mom to a fish making both of us mermaids", I winked.

"You are just like your.... ", she said and stopped. "Never mind baby, so when is Amber coming or you guys changed your mind", she tried to change the topic but I refused saying, "like my what mom?", I asked.

"This child I said never mind or you have forgotting the meaning already". 

"No. I just want to know", I said calmly so she wouldn't freak out.

"Your father, happy now", she said rolling her eyes.

"Didn't know moms do roll their eyes too", I teased and she laughed. "But mom, do you still love him?", I asked

"Don't go there Monica, have used 18yrs to bury the memories of him and am not ready for anything. All I want is for you and him to be in good terms", she said trying her best to push back the tears in her eyes.

"Okay mommy. I understand and am sorry", I said sitting beside her. "So what is that you wanted to tell me".

"Yes, it's your father. He wants to take us out but I declined so you're going out alone with him".

"But mom, you know how difficult it is for me and how much I can't stand him", I argued.

"See who was trying to talk me into something that she herself isn't ready for", she laughed at me. "Your going out tomorrow which is sunday. If you can handle him alone, you can tell him you want to bring Amber with you".

"That's a good plan. Alright, I will go with her but what time"

"After mass but don't know when exactly. He should have called you by now, I gave him your number",

"Wait a minute mom. Did he come over?"

"Yes dear. He wanted to spend time with us but unfortunately, you wernt around".

"And when was that?"

"Yesterday afternoon, minutes after Raymond took you", she said.

"Okay".

"Now, dress up before Amber gets her", she said. "You can join me downstairs, I need company", she said closing the door behind her.

We were watching TV when we heard the bell from the gate. "I think it's Amber", I said standing up to go open the gate.

"Hey girlfriend", she greeted as soon as I opened the gate and we did our regular handshake with little dance moves.

"You'd still better than me with the moves", she said entering it, dropping her bag for me to take over.

"Good afternoon mom", she ran and hugged her. I just stood there watching as they whispered about what I couldn't place my fingers on.

"You girls should go upstairs and gossip like you always do", she smiled winking at Amber. I was so much tempted to ask them what was going on but my mind kicked against it..

....