💖chapter thirty💖

Monica

Days turned to weeks and Raymond hasn't called me nor Amber yet. Troy, on the other hand already traveled to ogun state where he now schools at covenant university but he himself haven't heard from Raymond.

Now, I'm two months gone but my tummy is still flat as ever. Oooops, I have lectures by 10. Don't be surprised, I've decided to fight for my future and that of my jelly bean.

Hurriedly, I ran to the bathroom. Undressing myself and flinging my pj wear, I turned on the water heater. Recently, my body has been rejecting cold water and mom always say it's the pregnancy hormones.

I came out with my towel round my chest and my hair still driping wet. I sat down, plugged the hair dryer and started drying my hair.

I used my cosmetics as usual after combing my hair out into an afro. Yeah, my hair is natural. I was still admiring my hair in the mirror when the time clocked 9.

I walked over to the wardrobe to select the undies and clothes to wear for the day. I opened the undie drawer and picked up a matching bra and pant. I threw them on the bed and focused on what to wear for class.

The door slipped opened and my mom came in. "Mom, you should have knocked at least", I sighed.

"Sorry baby, but why will I knock in my own house", she teased.

I chuckled, "Because its my room, mom".

"How you doing and how's my grandchild faring too?", she asked, smiling.

"We both are okay mom", I smiled. Mommy, I won't be able to eat anything but I will surely take snacks along. I'm running late and biology 102 is a course I can't be late for", I said in one breathe.

"I know darling. That your lecturer is really a very strict person. Hurry up so you won't be late",

I glanced at my figure through the mirror for the last time and dashed out with my note books on my hand and my bag clinched on my shoulder. "Sweetheart, won't you take any snack like you said earlier", mom sighed, running after me.

"Oooh! I can't mommy since it will be lots of load", I replied, smiling.

"Alright. At least have some pancakes I made earlier", she tried persuading me to eat before leaving.

I chuckled, "Mom, I will surely eat. Trust me".

"Okay, just be safe", she smiled, "What're you doing?".

"Trying to order Uber and it's not connecting", I sighed out of frustration.

"Better learn how to drive. See your best friend, she has no issues and your dad sent you a car last week and yet, it has been at the garage since without anyone touching it", she laughed, mocking me.

"Mom, you are meant to assist me here or volunteer to take me to school but here you are, mocking me", I rolled my eyes. "Infact, bye-bye. See you later", I frowned, waving and left the house.

I took the available bus heading to VI. It was really suffocating especially the bus conductor who was shouting throughout. I was the happiest being when I got out of the bus. I soon found my way to the school and was 10minutes late.

"Miss Daniels. You're late and you know what this means", the lecturer, Mr Darlington acknowledged me immediately I walked into the room.

"I'm sorry sir. It was the traffic and... ",

"It's alright. Just sign in, have your seat and join us but I will definitely not go back. You can ask questions later", he said, facing the others and continued from where he stopped.

"Hey, you're late", Amber whispered.

"Yeah. I know right. I really need to learn how to drive", I whispered back and we both chuckled.

Two straight hours, I glued my ass to the seat listening and jotting down somethings that will assist me during tests and exams. Unlike the federal universities, private lecturers teach and make sure everyone's clear with the topic.

At some point, I will dose off but will be pinched by Amber.

"Mehn, that class was really boring", Amber sighed immediately the lecturer was out of sight.

I chuckled, "Be running your mouth. Better be serious, you know uni and secondary education is way different".

"Whatever babes. Last las, we will graduate with flying colours", she said wiggling her tougue.

"Ok. Am starving please, I need food. We both need food", I smiled, pointed at my tummy.

"I know right. Keira will come out looking pretty just like me", she blushed, winking.

I chuckled, "Good luck with that, and, who said it's a girl. I haven't even gone for any scan yet. I want to have a boy".

"Let's say I'm a seer", she replied, giggling. We laughed, chit chatting as we headed to the cafeteria.

Amber watched me as I devoured four wraps of amala and was still requesting for a plate of roasted chicken. "Babes, look around", she told me.

The stares I received from people, both male and female got me adjusting myself. I just gave them a big smile and faced Amber. "What the heck? Why are they all staring at me like that?",

"You can't blame them babes. You are slim and yet, you eat like a hippopotamus. They are just shocked at your eating rate, that's all", her response made me feel somehow, but I realized it's because of the pregnancy.

"Do you think anyone will ever find out I'm.. you know", I looked at her, afraid of the reply she will give.

"I really don't know babes. We are in october and you still have seven months to go. Let's just stick to the plan and hopefully, no one will ever know".

"And I pray I don't have a big tummy so it will be easy", I added.

"Same here babes", she smiled holding my hand tight, assuring me all will be well.

..

I got down from Amber car, waving her good-bye. "My regards to mom", she said driving off.

I locked the gate and walked in. "Tired?", mom asked as I walked in. "Sooooo tired mom", I dragged my feet, as if they weigh more than my body.

"Hungry?", she asked again, standing up to help me with my books. "More like am dying mom", I sighed.

I helped myself to the kitchen, served my plate and took a bottle if water from the fridge before going back to the table. Lately, I haven't had time to cook and I know mom is really stressed after working and coming back home to cook.

The aroma from the egusi soup increased my appetite as I bounced on one of big wraps of semo in the cooler.