💖chapter twenty three💖

Monica

"Babes, you're going out with me tomorrow after mass", I said as soon as she closed the door behind her.

"To where?"

"Don't know. Dad is the one sponsoring the outing".

"Hold on, you mean to say your dad wants to spend time with you and you are trying to drag me along",

"Exactly", I said dropping her bag down.

"But why?"

"Girl, you know already".

"You can't stand his presence, right?",

"Am happy you know".

"But this is one of the chances you have together to mend things between you two", she said frowning. "I think I will be better if you will be there. At least, if he wants to know me, he have to start from my childhood and you're part of that childhood memories", I winked sticking out my tongue.

"This tongue of yours, one day, I will surprise you",

"Surprise me with what?", I asked acting confused. "To cut it of course", she said and we laughed.

"So how's ray doing?", she asked which made my mood change. "Hey, what happened? Why the sad face?"

"I didn't want to leave", I said forming a baby face.

"You should have stayed and make me break your head for ruining our sleep over plans", she said using her hands to demonstrate how she will break my head. "Sorry baby, come let me hug you", she stretched out her hands.

I didn't know it was a trap, so I went forward and she hugged me before she started tickling me. "Do you still miss him, Mrs lover girl", she said increasing the rate of the tickles.

"No, I don't", I managed to say between the laughter. "Amber, please stop it", I begged with teary eyes.

"You are wicked", I yelled playfully immediately she stopped. "Oooh, you still have mouth to talk right", she said making moves to continue what she started.

"Sorry, you are really a nice and wonderful person", I said begging her. "Better", she rolled her eyes.

For a while, neither Amber nor I moved or talk and when we looked at each other, we started laughing and shouted, "besties goals forever".

"So tell me, how was it?", she asked.

"How was what?", I asked back.

"Your stay of course. In Raymond's place",

"Oooh that. Well it was fun esp during dinner and breakfast with his mom", I replied.

"Is that all?", she asked still not satisfied.

"What again do you want to hear this child", I said looking at her trying to play a confused role.

"Don't give me that look, you know what am talking about. So you mean to say no romance, no quiet time together", she asked trying to stare deep in my eyes.

She always does that to check if I'm lying or not. Funnily enough, she always detect when I lie.

The moment I blinked she said, "you see. Liar, c'mon tell me in full details".

I just laughed. "Yeah, we had quiet time together, we went to the garden after dinner. The stars were so beautiful then, after that, we went to his room where we watched Netflix until we slept off on the popcorn we used to keep us awake", I finally told her omitting the love making part.

"Oh my God. You guys shared his bed", she freaked out.

"Geez, where was I to sleep before", I asked waiting for an answer.

"Maybe the guest room", she said rolling her eyes.

I looked at her and she bursted into laugher. "Was just joking. So you actually trying to tell me that nothing happened after that", she asked.

"Omg. Amber, you won't kill me with these questions of yours".

"Then, just give me the complete details which I asked for, crazy child".

"Ok, fine! We did it", the words flew out of my mouth.

"And how was it?", she asked full of excitement.

"Do you really think I will tell you in details", I looked at her.

"Oooops, dont be angry ma. Am hungry, go make something for me", she said rolling her eyes again.

"Are you hungry or you want to just eat something, which one. Because last I checked, you went out with Troy and I know you ate out",

She looked at me, then turned to look at the fridge beside my bed. "Okay fine, just get me apples or cookies. Anyone you've got there", she said pointing at the fridge.

"Alright", I said getting up to attend to my boss. "Here you go", I gave her the pack of cookies and also got one for myself.

I stared at her as she opened the cookies and started eating it like she didn't want it. "You're such a drama queen, Amber", I laughed.

"Better leave me and my cookies alone", she spat.

"Did I say something wrong?", I asked

"If you don't know or you didn't notice or have any idea of what you did, then, don't worry", she said turning ti the other side.

"My better half. My missing rib. My fresh air, am sorry. Please forgive me if I was ignorance of what I did to offend you. You know I will never offend you on purpose", I said hugging her from behind.

She didn't move. She just ate her snack like I said nothing.

I stood up, walked to the door and opened it like I was leaving. "Am just joking, don't leave me alone", she said turning around.

"Big head. You just want to stress me", I laughed. "You are sick", she said throwing a piece of cookies at me and we both laughed.

"Girls", mom called out. "Are you both alright in there".

"Yes mommy", we chorused laughing.

"Okay, I will be in my room. Inform me when dinner is served", she said and lefr for her room.

"So what are you wearing tomorrow?", she asked.

"To church or for the outing?"

"Both",

"Anything, I really don't plan. I wear anything that comes my way. What about you",

"I came fully prepared", she said dragging her bag to herself.

"Fashionista, I trust you".

"You know, we should have invited Sandra too", she said looking at me.

"I know right. Just thought she wouldn't be ready for hangouts and all that, moreover, she has to be there for her mom", I said.

"That's true. Maybe next time".

"Yeah, maybe".

....