💖chapter thirty four💖

Monica

Few hours later...

"Darling", I heard my mom say, while still trying to open my eyes. "Darling, how are you?", she smiled at me caressing my cheek.

If only eyes could make one pregnant, I'm very sure by now, another jelly bean will be forming in my tummy again. "Hey babes", Amber called shaking her sexy curves, "our baby is finally here".

"I'm fine mommy", I smiled back, using her assistance to sit up right. Amber's parents greeted me with smiles as well as Troy. "Congrats honey. Hope you're comfortable?", Amber mom asked, smiling at me. I could see the joy in her eyes. "Sweetheart, I can't wait to see my grandchild", Her dad teased, making Amber push him slightly and we all laughed.

"Congrats babes. I can't believe I'm a godfather", Troy said, dragging amber into a side hug. "And who said you're the godfather", I said, rolling my eyes. "Of course, there's no one suitable for that if not me", he winked.

"Thanks hommies. I wouldn't have been strong without you all", I didn't know when a tear dropped from my right eye. "Awwwn, my teddy bear. Don't cry, we are all family and I'm so glad another soul is adding to it", Amber's mom sighed, using her pinky finger to wipe the tear away.

"Group hug", Amber, being so excited announced and they all gathered hugging me.

A nurse came in with my baby in her arms laying her in the crib beside my bed. With her appearance, I knew she's in her mid thirties. "Congrats dear and your daughter is so cute", she complimented smiling.

"Thank you ma'am", I smiled back and she excused herself. Mom who was so eager to hold her grandchild picked up Kim from her crib. "She looks just you honey", she smiled fixing her gaze on Kim. I just kept smiling. Now, I'm so sure there's joy in motherhood especially after delivery.

"What's her name?", Amber's dad popped the question bringing me back to reality. He moved close to mom to have a better view of Kim.

"Kim.. Kim Edward is her name sir", I replied with joy in my eyes. "Does she have any naive name?", Amber's mom asked. "Yes mommy, kaima.. Kaimachukwu and kemi", I smiled.

"Lovely names for a princess", Troy smiled, still holding Amber by the waist. "Can't wait to be a daddy", he added and immediately Amber withdrew from his hold.

"You and who.. ?"

He chuckled, "Who else would I wish to be the mother of my kids if not you",

"Then you will have to wait till when I'm ready", she rolled her eyes, sticking out her tongue. "When my lady is ready, then I am super ready", he sighed kissing her forehead.

I asked to be discharged the next day admitting I was fit to go and the fact i also have to prepare to for lectures and I was granted though my mom wasn't in support of my decision.

...

Days after..

"Have some soup", Amber said, passing me the bowl of soup to me. "Mom said it will help you", she added.

"Thanks love", I smiled,

"How's baby Kim?", She adjusted her position asking. I sighed.

"That one that will cry the house down, she sleeping in her crib. At least, I will rest small". She just look at me and laughed hard almost falling unto the floor.

"Did I say something funny?", I blunted out looking confused. "No babes, not at all. But you see your facial expression, it's damn so funny", she said, still laughing.

"Instead of you to massage my shoulders, you're busy laughing", I hissed, rolling my eyes. "Haba, you know I love you. Sweetest bestest", she came close, squeezing me so tight in what she claimed a cuddle. At a point, I thought I was gonna breath my last.

"Babes, I can't breath", my choked voice spoke out. "Ooops, sorry", she pulled out immediately, just then, Kim started from where she stopped with her loud cry.

"Oooh no!", I exclaimed stamping my feet. "Not again", I hissed while my small headed bestie stood there watching and laughing. We both soon found ourselves in her room. I picked her up , unzipped my dress and played her mouth on my nipples.

After breastfeeding her, I handed her over to Amber who rocked her for a bit before she fell asleep again. "Gosh, we have a cute little damsel here", she smiled, staring at Kim in her crib.

"I know right. I'm so much a proud mother", I replied, facing her with my both hands on my cheeks. She gave me a sharp stare. "And you, a proud godmother", I added, making a wide grin appear on her face.

"You are so silly", I scolded hitting her slightly on her thigh. "We both are", she winked.

"Pregnancy as well as motherhood will look good on you", I sighed, blushing within me. "If it's a joke, please stop it", she hissed. "OMG, I didn't mean now. I meant when we graduate and finally settle down Ms Amber, before you devour me with your big eye balls".

"Better", she sighed rolling her eyes.

"So, how's Troy doing?", I popped the question. "He's good. He has gone back to school though", she started blushing.

"And I know you miss him right", I brushed her shoulder with mine and she blushed even more. "Ms lover girl", I laughed.

"Can I ask you a question", she sighed, looking me in the eyes. "If Raymond show up today, what will you do?".

"To be honest babe, I don't know. Truth be told, I love him and he's the father of Kim, buh I don't know how I will take whatever excuse he will give to me", my eyes started to tear up.

"I understand babes and I'm so sorry for bringing it up. I was only curious".

"It's really fine. Someday, I will have face Kim when she ask for her father, that's if he doesn't come back before then",

"All will be fine", she assured me, welcoming me into a big hug.

"I love you", she kissed my head while stroking my hair downward

...