chapter 7.

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

❝ the skies begin to bleach red
and the stars begin to fall
i feel myself changing.❞

- seraph, dpr ian.

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

Four weeks of training. A whole month had gone by, and Y/N could feel that they had changed tremendously, not just physically but mentally too. The month had been hard, and they had nearly given up, but everytime they felt like they were going to, they heard a voice in their head.

'Don't give up, whatever you do.' The voice was deep, 'It doesn't matter, push forward even until the brink of death. Humans have a strong will to survive, I must admit.'

That had gotten them through the day, and the days after that. Y/N had listened to that voice and carried on. They don't know who it was, but if they had to put an aura to the voice, they would think the pink aura they remember clearly from their memory. It just felt right.

Coming out of their thoughts, they had just finished swinging their katana a thousand and five hundred times. Gyomei had told them to up the amount a bit so their arms don't get used to the movement, harden their core and continue forward. He was sent on a mission a week ago, and it was on the longer side – due to him being a pillar, and they were lacking on them currently, as they only had five pillars, including Gyomei, is what he told them.

They jogged through the forest towards the waterfall, looking around. Suddenly, a purple, pink and green aura came into view. Y/N sensed no malicious intent, so they slowly stopped and waiting, and soon enough a woman with a butterfly haori, long black hair with two butterfly clips on the side, with calming palm purple eyes stopped in front of them.

She gave them a closed eye smile that brought a small blush to Y/N's stoic face, "Hello there! I'm looking for a man named Himejima Gyomei, do you know of him?"

"He's on a mission." Y/N deadpanned, shaking their head out of their flustered mess, unable to compute in front of such a beautiful woman. "Who are you?"

"Kocho Kanae," Still with her closed eye smile, "ah... you must be Himejima-san's student, no?"

Y/N nodded, "Yes." They started walking towards to waterfall, new person or no, they had to continue training, even if it seemed a little rude. Until she started following them, "I am training. Is there something you need?" They turned towards Kocho, who was now running beside them, still smiling.

"Ah! Don't mind me, I'm just watching!" Kocho said, "It's not often I get to see the students of the other pillars as we don't usually take tsugoko's!"

"Oh." Y/N muttered, before nodding. She seemed nice, and maybe she could help them with their training. "Alright." They continued running for a few minutes, stopping at the waterfall. "Please don't mind me." Y/N spoke, slowly taking off their kimono, keeping on their spare black hakama pants and shirt that Gyomei had given them. "I am not Gyomei-sensei's tsugoko, he is just the person training me."