SHINAZUGAWA GENYA's ending

SHINAZUGAWA GENYA:

SHINAZUGAWA GENYA:

the cuddler

↪ song: love like you by rebecca sugar.

❝with you... it was like i knew it was going to be you. and only you, even with the abrupt first meeting. like love at first sight.❞

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

"Do you remember when we first met?"

Genya shifted in the bed slightly as to not disturb Y/N laying on him, their chest resting on his chest, right above his heart. "...At the Swordsmith Village?"

With a chuckle, Y/N nodded against his chest, "Yes, at the Swordsmith Village."

"...Where I just ran away?"

"From Mitsuri and I?"

Genya sucked in a breath, "It was mostly you."

"What do you mean?" Y/N asked, shifting their head so that their chin rested above his heart, so they were able to look at him.

Genya was silence for a few seconds, "I had heard about you from Gyomei. He had said all these... amazing things about you. I don't think anything negative came from him about you; it was always to praise you, and he always did it in the most mundane things."

The man moved his hand to the top of their head, "So, I think I just got scared. Of meeting you, I mean. There was this version of you in my head that wouldn't like me; that I was taking your place."

"I would never—"

"I know," Genya smiled at them, heartfelt and sincere. "I know you wouldn't, but I didn't know it. I was an insecure person back then. I didn't wanna disappoint you, even when I didn't know you. So I ran. Which was good timing, considering... how we met." He let out a breathless chuckle, causing Y/N to laugh too.

"But, then we met. And you were everything that Gyomei had said, and more; you were always so understanding. You never once judged me for who I was." Genya's eyes started to water, the smile still there.

Shuffling so their head was on his shoulde and just under his chin, Y/N hummed, "I remember hearing about you from Sanemi, just in passing, and instantly I sort of knew what was happening. I tried to get Sanemi to talk to you properly, but I could never push him. He was always too prickly, too set in his ways. But I tried. I think that's why I wanted to get to know you better. I wanted to know you on my own terms, rather than have all the stuff Sanemi had spouted about you."

They huffed, "But I'm glad I did. I'm glad I know you, even if our time was cut short in the real world. Getting to know you was the best part, albeit a bit late and I wish I knew you sooner, but I'm glad we're here now."

"I'm glad too," Genya rubbed his hand over their arm that was thrown across his waist. "I was happy then, and I'm happy now. I'm always happy with you. I don't think there's a time with you when I haven't been, or it hasn't been because of you."

"You deserve all the happiness in the world, Shinazugawa Genya." Y/N whispered. "I love you."

"As do you," Genya whispered back, "I love you."