chapter 19.

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

❝ look at the night sky
look at the stars
it's like us, shining brighter in the darkness. ❞

- glow, stray kids.

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

Months had gone by, and the air was getting colder, winter soon approaching – pristine white snow coating the ground. The moon was slowly rising in the sky, shining down, and giving the place a silver glow. In that time, they had gained two new pillars – Tokito Muichiro, the Mist Pillar, and Kanroji Mitsuri, the Love Pillar.

Y/N was on their way to a dinner that had been set up by the Sound Pillar, Uzui Tengen and the Flame Pillar, Rengoku Kyoujuro. They had invited all the current Pillars to have a small get together, as they had all finally got some time off at the same time.

It was being held at Uzui's estate, and Y/N was already running a bit late as they had a last-minute mission they had been sent on and only just got back. A few minutes later, the Moon Pillar stopped in front of an estate, and knocked on the door.

The chatter paused for a moment, before resuming. Not a second later, the door was opened by none other than Uzui who grinned when he saw Y/N.

"Ah! If it isn't my flamboyant Moon Pillar, we were starting to think you wouldn't show! That wouldn't be very flamboyant of you! Come in, come in!"

Uzui grabbed their hand and pulled them towards the room the chatter was in, getting louder as they moved closer. Uzui opened the door, gesturing for Y/N to go in before him.

Putting his hand on their shoulder, "L/N-san is here! We can finally get started." He yelled excitedly.

Y/N looked at the group, if it were any other time, they would have laughed at the different unique characters that were gathered in one room. Gyomei sat with Tomioka and Tokito near the corner, away from the loud members of the Hashira rank, Shinazugawa was yelling about something to Rengoku – Y/N didn't bother to hear, he was always yelling. Sometime when they started actually becoming somewhat friends, the Moon Pillar had made some sort of switch for when he started yelling.

Iguro was sitting quietly next to Kanroji who was excitedly going on about something – probably some Sakura mochi she had had recently. Shinobu was next to her, listening in out of politeness, but you could tell she was getting tired from all the commotion.

Rengoku laughed, completely brushing off Shinazugawa who only looked at him in anger and walked up to Y/N, "Ah my flame! I thought you wouldn't come!"

"Apologies, Rengoku-san. I was on a mission that came last minute."

"I told you to call me Kyojurou!" He rebutted, a grin on his face. Y/N was tempted to cover their face with their hands with how bright he was it, not that they minded – if their thumping heart and warm cheeks had any say in it.