chapter 66

❝ wrapped in biting wind
hearts will never bleed
frozen and banished
out of grief. ❞

- wildfire, jonathan steingard ft. hoyo-mix.

[ grab your tissues for the next few chapters, loves

[ grab your tissues for the next few chapters, loves. ]

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

All the Hashira sat in a circle, suggesting ideas and solutions to the upcoming war that was bound to happen, and what to do about it. 

"At least two Hashira should be bodyguard's for Oyakata-sama." Sanemi proposed from where he sat on the ground, resting his head on top of his hand. "Can you do something about that Himejima-san?"

The man rubbed his hands together lightly, his beads clinking together. "I became a Hashira at 19, and for eight years I have suggested it..." Gyomei responded, tears leaking from his eyes. "But he will not listen. he insists that the Hashira are too precious a resource to expend on him alone. It is a problem."

Y/N's e/c eyes blinked to Mitsuri who only looked worried as Shinobu took her turn to speak. "Apparently, the leaders of House Ubuyashiki haven't had guards for generations."

"That's true." Y/N agreed, thinking back on of the talks they had with Kagaya - one that they had explicitly disagreed with the master's view. "Oyakata-sama never wants to burden us as much as he already is."

It didn't even take a millisecond for both Shinobu and Y/N to glance at each other and rush out of the estate. Not even bothering to give a look to Kokushibo and Akaza - even if the h/c haired knew the demon's role in the plan.

Y/N wished to see them one last time before the battle, but all that was going through their brain was the thought of losing Kagaya - the man who was there for them and helped them improve, the man who never once showed anything but kindness to them. The man with the purple, white and pink aura that always warmed their heart.

They couldn't will their feet to go fast enough, Shinobu a bit ahead of them, her figure giving her faster speed.

Yet they were still not fast enough.

Y/N could only watch as the house that had become a second home to them - the place where Y/N went to get away from training with Gyomei. The place where they stayed every few days to learn about the colours of auras, where they had become a Hashira.

A place they called home and made them feel welcome, where they felt like they were truly enough, blow up.

Blown up into pieces. Wood flying passed their cheeks, the wind blowing against their body as they stared in shock. Widened e/c eyes that couldn't even gather enough force in their body to cry.

All they could do is stare in complete and utter shock.

Kagaya - the man who had become like a father to them, and made them feel like they were truly worth something. Amane who always made them feel welcome and had tea ready whenever they came over. The Ubuyashiki children who were always happy and smiling whenever they came over.