chapter 36.

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

❝ there is no fear now
let go and just be free
i will love you unconditionally. ❞

- unconditionally, katy perry.

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

Yoriichi sighed as Y/N took a step back to breath heavily.

"I knew I shouldn't have let you convince me..." The red-haired groaned, rubbing his forehead in discontent. "You're too good at not allowing me to say no to you, sweetheart."

Y/N grinned; flowers seeming to sparkle behind them, "It's a part of my charm, darling."

Yoriichi bonked the top of their head gently before getting back into a fighting position, "Come on, one more time. You're already making good progress, considering you only just woke up a few hours ago."

"Pfft," Y/N huffed, "It'll take a few days for me to get back to my old self."

Yoriichi nodded in agreement, "Yes... but," Y/N stared into his scarlet eyes that held some amount of fondness and joy, "You seem more... free, happy even. It is to my understanding that you remember everything?"

"Yes," Y/N smiled at him, "I remember everything now... Funny, you know, that you should ask." The h/c haired stared at him long and hard, making the man sweatdrop at the heated gaze, "No, yeah. Why the hell do you look so much like Koku-kun?"

Yoriichi opened his mouth to explain until a gasp was heard from the Slayer in front of him, "Oh shit. He's your BROTHER?"

"He's my twin, Y/N-san." Yoriichi added, only making Y/N gape at him more.

A few moments past, Y/N holding their face with their hands as they wallowed in their stupidity, "How did I not realise?" They muttered.

Yoriichi tilted his head in confusion, "But you didn't remember, nor did I ever say anything... Y/N-san, it is not your fault."

"Hmph," Y/N pouted, and pat Yoriichi's head, making a faint red glow on his cheeks, "You're too cute for your own good, Yoriichi-kun." They ruffled his hair for a second, staring into his eyes with a smile, "But to your original question... Yeah, I feel more free. I've accepted some things and remembered everything."

What Y/N had said wasn't a lie; when they had woken up, the first thing they had felt (excluding Akaza's hand) was the lack of weight on their shoulders that they had carried with them the whole time they had been training to be a Slayer. Remembering everything allowed them to become confident in themselves and their abilities.

It helped them to admit that Y/N loved a multitude of people, both romantically and platonically. It didn't matter who they loved; all that mattered was that Y/N would do anything to protect them. For the first time since their parents had died, Y/N felt no fear in admitting they loved someone.