chapter 55

❝ you looked into my eyes
and brought me back to life
i still think of you
and the dark of the night
a silent lullaby. ❞

- my nocturnal serenade, yohio.

[im gunna be honest with you guys

[im gunna be honest with you guys. i havent updated bc ive been binge reading the jjk manga and needed a day to recuperate the emotional damage i went through... <3 i also got a tattoo two days ago.]

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

"You're starting me off with a feast this morning!"

Y/N couldn't help but let out a small low chuckle at Tanjiro's excited tone at the food. They were still quite sad to see Mitsuri leave, but they knew Muichiro was still hanging around somewhere here, as well as having the company of Tanjiro and Nezuko until Haganezuka was found.

"These wild vegetables were all picked on the mountainside here, and the fish was caught fresh from the river this morning."

"Really?"

The villager then turned to the both of them, "The chief has sent word that he'll be contacting you as soon as they've found Haganezuka-san." The next words were directed at Tanjiro, knowing Y/N had been here for a few days longer than the red-haired, "Until then, please biuld back your stamina and get some rest."

"Right! Thank you so much!"

After the villager had left, both Tanjiro and Y/N put their hands together in pray, thanking for the meal. Y/N was about to take a bite of their food, when a small Nezuko opened the box and crawled into Y/N's lap like a snake, a very fast snake.

"Hey, listen, Nezuko... I know I have to rest up, but while I'm waiting for Haganezuka-san, I wanna look for the secret weapon that'll make you stronger, the one Y/N-san told me about."

Y/N looked at Tanjiro with their chopsticks still in their mouth, bunched up with food (they were starving).

"Would you both like to come with me?"

"...Sure. I have nothing better to do." Y/N actually just wanted to spend time with Tanjiro and Nezuko.

After eating, they cleared their plates and bowls and made sure everything was neatly stacked for the villagers to clean - they would have refused help either way - and started to make their way through the village and into the forest.

"Do you know where it is, Y/N-san?" Tanjiro asked, glancing at the h/c haired Hashira who seemed to be lost in thought.

"Hm?" Y/N turned their head to him and shook their head, "Not particularly, I just know it's somewhere in the surrounding area and the village."

"Oh..." Tanjiro murmured. It was silent for a few moments before his voice went louder to speak, "I wonder what kind of weapon it is... It has to be a sword, right? You think it's buried in the ground, maybe?"