chapter 37

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

❝ there is no fear now
let go and just be free
i will love you unconditionally. ❞

- unconditionally, katy perry.

[updates may be slow for the next few chapters! apologies in advance<3]

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

Y/N woke up surrounded by warmth. Cracking their eyes open, blinking away the sleep in their eyes, the h/c haired felt an arm around their shoulder, a hand playing with their hair. A very familiar position that they remembered that them and Akaza found themselves in whenever Akaza stayed the night and Y/N had to sleep - he would let them cuddle up to them whilst he read as they slept.

"Morning, flower." The voice of Akaza broke them out of their nostalgic mind, making them smile at him sleepily. The pink-haired demon only softly chuckled at them, and bookmarked his book before setting it down. "What're you going to do until your crow tells you to leave?"

Y/N hummed, cuddling back into Akaza who tightened his grip on them and continued to play with their hair, "Probably train... Also, you're not getting out of this Akaza. You're coming with me."

"I am?" Akaza raised his eyebrows at the e/c eyed Slayer, "I didn't hear about this."

Y/N exhaled briefly out of amusement and nodded, "You're not getting out of it. You'll be coming with me, I'm still not fully recovered strength, and knowing how bad Tanjiro-kun's luck, he'll definitely be facing that Upper Moon you speak of."

Akaza hummed in thought, eyebrows now furrowed. "It's not... really that big of a problem, from what I can remember..." He trailed off, collecting his line of thought before continuing, "Upper Moon Six consists of two demons - siblings. Not sure what they do exactly, but I'm pretty sure the one that'll be trouble will be the brother. The female isn't much of a problem, she is considerably weaker than her brother."

Y/N shrugged (as much as they could while wrapped around Akaza like a koala), "We shall do what we can when we get there. Who knows what sort of mess we'll find."

"Yeah..." Akaza spoke, trailing off.

-

"One more, sweetheart."

"Pfft, why don't you do one more." Y/N mumbled in reply, making the stoic red-haired man cough to cover up a snort he was about to let out.

Y/N and Yoriichi had been training for a couple of hours a little ways into the forest, away from the demon's eyes; there was no need for them to think Y/N was crazy for fighting thin air. Akaza would also question them too much.

So, nearing mid afternoon - Yoriichi was trying to encourage Y/N to do a few more reps of their workout, however, the h/c haired felt like being lazy, knowing they had a long journey during the night to get through after.