HASHIBIRA INOSUKE's ending

HASHIBIRA INOSUKE:

HASHIBIRA INOSUKE:

the fighter

↪ song: lovelost by margo.

❝when i first met you, i didn't think we'd get along as well as we do now... i guess tanjiro was right; opposites attract.❞

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

Y/N bent down, dodging a flying fist coming towards them. They could egg him on; provoke him, but that would just be mean and... Y/N wasn't- They couldn't possibly... No- That just wasn't them-

"Come on, Inosuke! You can hit faster than that!"

Inosuke just growled, "Shut up, minion one!"

"Heh, I knew you were still an old man!"

One punch (that didn't really hurt, considering they were in the afterlife) made them fly back and hit the wall. No dents, nor cracks were made in the process of this fight, Y/N assures you - in Heaven, nothing can do damage to the walls, or the makeshift place you can materialise in your own bubble.

"Oof," Y/N said, more for jesting than anything.

"Weakling," Inosuke muttered jokingly, before sitting down and sipping some of his water (somehow they had it here in Heaven(?)).

Y/N huffed and stood up, walking over to sit behind Inosuke, using his back as a backrest as payback.

"Reading?" Y/N asked.

"Reading." Inosuke simply replied.

Y/N smiled and brought out the fourth book in the 'Original God' series they had been reading when they were first alive. After Inosuke had joined them in the afterlife, one of the first things he told them (after hugging them and punching them for leaving him too early - in very Inosuke-like fashion) was that there had been an extra two instalments to the series. Introducing the two new nations and their archons; Inosuke had ranted as much as he could whilst spoiling only the tiny details (which Y/N was proud of! Inosuke used to spoil the whole book if he got excited, and not that they wanted him to stop being excited over books, they just wished he didn't spoil them, even on accident).

Currently Y/N was only half way through the fourth book; they really liked the dendro scribe and the electro mahamatra a lot. They were also quite curious about this architect that had been introduced, as well. Inosuke had sort of spoiled the first chapter of the fifth book, but they could already tell they were going to love this prison warden, - or the Duke - the hydro Iudex - as Inosuke referred to him as, trying to show off his new plethora of language he had learned - and the newly introduced Hydro Archon.

"I like the short guy. Hat guy." Inosuke has said before they started reading. "He tries to beat people up. Small green girl is cool too, she's badass. Big black and red wolf guy in fifth book is my favourite."

Inosuke hadn't changed too much, much to Y/N chagrin. (They were kidding, they loved Inosuke the way he was.)

But what really made Y/N happy was the fact that Inosuke remembered their old recommendations from years, years and years ago - back to a few months before the final battle with Muzan. It was said in passing, but Inosuke remembered. And he read the books after their death.

"You make the afterlife a lot more enjoyable, Inosuke."

The man huffed, puffing his chest proudly. "I know I do!"

Smiling, Y/N shook their head and open their book again.