chapter 75

❝ when i look at my reflection in the mirror
i feel like i'm lost, stuck in the dark
wandering in the deep fog
i'm star lost. ❞

- star lost, stray kids.

[ thank you. ]

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

Y/N's eye widen completely as Tanjiro's arm regenerated on its own, about to take a swipe at the Kakushi on his left.

Thinking on their feet, the h/c haired grabbed Giyuu and shoved the Kakushi out of the way with their body, quick enough just for him to miss by an inch.

Y/N fell to the floor with the weight of Giyuu's body, and quick leaned him against the wall of the building they had fallen in front of.

"Rest well, Giyuu," Y/N murmured as they caressed his black hair, biting their lip hard enough the skin broke just to not to cry, "You're somewhere better now, and it won't be long before I join you."

"Huh? Wha...? What?! Tanjiro? Why?"

Y/N looked back to see Tanjiro, in all his demonic glory - saliva dropping from his fanged mouth, red eyes slitted exactly as Muzan's once was, and hands with claws as sharp as nails.

"GET BACK!!" Y/N yelled as they began to run back towards them.

Just as he was about to attack the Kakushi, he yelled out in pain, using his arms to shield him from the sun.

Picking up their sword on the way as Tanjiro fell to the ground, screaming in pain - which, in their heart, hurt just as much as the death of their loved ones - and moved in front of the Kakushi, "MOVE! GET AWAY FROM HIM, DON'T BE SO IDIOTIC!"

"But Tanjiro is—"

"I KNOW!" Y/N let out in a growl, voice hoarse and scratchy from all the yelling, all the crying, all the fighting. From everything today, "ANYONE WHO CAN STILL FIGHT... GRAB A WEAPON AND FORM UP!! TANJIRO HAS BECOME A DEMON! WE HAVE TO KEEP HIM UNDER THE SUN AND BURN HIM TO DEATH! KILL TANJIRO BEFORE HE KILLS ANYONE!!"

Keeping their e/c eyes on him, just as he stood up, Y/N forced their sword forward - against all the cells in their body telling them no, don't do it, against their own pain, ringing in their heart like a symphony of ravens - and piercing Tanjiro in the back, pushing him into the grounds.

'Please... Tanjiro...' Y/N felt tears spill from their eyes once more, gritting their teeth together, 'Please, not you too, I need you... I can't let you live like this...'

The sound of burning flesh stopped, and Y/N couldn't believe their eyes... The sun... stopping burning Tanjiro.

With a shove that almost seemed too gentle to come from a demon, Y/N was shoved back with a hit to the head just as Inosuke came in, stopping the second attack that Tanjiro was about to throw at them.