chapter 30.

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

❝ inside of you there are wires red and blue,
those wires are what your heart is tied together by,
even in the wind with a voice seem unfading,
those words i'll utter, now i'm nurturing them. ❞

- suzume, radwimps.

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

Y/N didn't know how long they had been speeding through each carriage, driving their feet to the limit – whilst they definitely knew they could be faster, everything that had happened within the last few hours was wearing down on them.

The memories. The sleep. Using too many Breathing Techniques...

It was starting to drain them.

Coming to a carriage that held Nezuko, they sliced off a few more pieces of Enmu's flesh, both the demon and Y/N working fluidly in sync. Nezuko using her feet to kick off pieces of flesh that were high up whilst Y/N worked on slicing the flesh that were lower.

Just as the h/c haired was about to leave to go protect the other carriages – they had used their Twelveth Form earlier, so the flesh would stop regenerating for a few seconds, allowing for a moment of peace to catch their breath. Nezuko let out a grunt and Y/N saw a piece of flesh was about to get to a citizen.

Catching on quickly, they moved Nezuko out of the way. They wouldn't be able to handle if it she was hurt whilst they were there. The Moon Pillar knew she was a demon, but the feeling of protecting never wavered.

The flesh wrapped itself around Y/N's arm, making Nezuko whine. Seeing other pieces of flesh come from the sides of the train, one wrapping itself around the e/c eyed's other arm.

"Don't worry about about me, Nezuko." Y/N whispered to the demon sister, "I'll be fine. Protect the other passengers."

Staring into her pink slitted eyes, Nezuko nodded – she trusted Y/N.

Y/N grit their teeth, trying to pull away from the flesh when two more pieces wrapped around their legs.

"For fuck's sake." Y/N grunted; this Lower Moon demon was a nuisance.

The flesh tightened just as Y/N was about to get one arm free, when lightning seemed to flash around, and the pieces of flesh that once trapped Y/N were sliced clean off.

Y/N looked down, seeing a familiar yellow-haired Slayer, "Zenitsu?" They murmured.

The h/c haired watched as he bounced around, lightning trailing after every one of his movements, cutting off the pieces of flesh that were trying to attack them. Y/N turned behind them, seeing Zenitsu putting his sword back.

"I'll protect you, Y/N-chan." Zenitsu spoke, his voice different from its usual high-pitched tone. It was more firm, more confident. "Protect..."

Y/N deadpanned as the yellow-haired swayed from side to side. Was he asleep?