chapter 11.

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

❝ and now that your weight's come off my shoulders,
i realize that I can fly,
i needed to find me (now i know),
the key was inside of me all along. ❞

- levanter, stray kids.

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

Seeing nothing, only darkness - a little lightened by the sun beaming down on their face. The hair on their neck stood up, goosebumps on their right arm. In a blink of an eye, their right arm blocked the fist about to attack them. Moving quickly, they manoeuvred their body around the attacker, the feeling of cold stone becoming more apparent.

'Moon Breathing: First Form: Dark Moon, Evening Palace.'

Striking the bokken horizontally, hitting the target straight through their body, not letting up for a second, the attacker used the moment after the strike to attack themselves. Y/N felt the goosebumps on their left arm,  the bokken coming toward them, they moved themselves, blocking the attack with their own bokken. Pushing back, and feeling their muscles tense under the pressure. Gritting their teeth, they used their foot to hit the attacker in the stomach, pushing them back.

'Moon Breathing: Third Form: Loathsome Moon, Chains.'

Moving at the speed of light, boosted by their concentration breathing, they swung their bokken in two giant swings in quick succession, then one smaller swing, crescent moons left in the midst of the quick slashes. The ground's dust kicking up with how quick the form was, the moons creating a bit of destruction in their wake. The attacker blocks the attacks, overwhelmed by the power, but the attacker uses their speed to start attacking Y/N, hitting their sides which were left vulnerable.

Y/N falls to the ground, with a 'oof' leaving their lips, sighing in discontent. The student unwrapped the cloth that was around their eyes, looking at the hand held out to them, which they take.

"You lasted the longest you have. Good job, little moon." Gyomei spoke, patting their shoulder, smiling at them.

Y/N nodded in thanks, wiping their forehead with their arm. "Are we done for today, Gyomei-sensei?"

After a few seconds of no response, Y/N looked back at Gyomei who was standing looking at them in thought, "Gyomei-sensei?" They asked.

Gyomei hummed, "No, there's one more thing I would like for you to try to do today, if within the next week." He motioned for Y/N to follow him, "I would like you to move a boulder through the forest, I have marked where you need to move it to." They stopped in front of the boulder, which was almost two times the size of Y/N in height, not to mention the width, no trees surrounding for a couple of miles.

Y/N deadpanned at Gyomei, looking like they got struct with lightning, "You want me," they pointed at themselves, "to move that boulder," they pointed to the boulder, "through the forest?"