chapter 39

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

❝ when i feel disconnected
you're all i need
when the water runs dry
i know that i can always come find you. ❞

- blue, jackson wang.

[never knew how fun writing gyuutaro and daki would be

[never knew how fun writing gyuutaro and daki would be. i forgot how fucking funny their dialogue is... i also didn't mean to write so early into the battle... i was supposed to start it after inosuke and zenitsu jump in to help uzui...ops. i had to rewatch this episode twice because i got too absorbed in watching in the first time.

this will also be a double update... second update will be later today as a thank you for 27k and a sorry for such a late update<3]

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

Having rough sleep before a battle was not what Y/N wanted but they digressed. The best part was waking up to see Akaza snoozing away on the bed, a tranquil expression and soft breaths leaving him. It was cute, and it brought a smile to their face, helped them forget what was going to happen in a few hours.

Moving the curtains the tiniest amount so the sunlight wouldn't touch Akaza, the h/c haired looked outside and could see the sun slowly going down, the light blue turning fading into a beautiful navy, littered with stars. It wouldn't be long before they had to move, but first... they had to eat.

Deciding to leave Akaza to sleep - hopefully Y/N could wake him up - and eat. They already had a few blood bags ready for the journey, courtesy to Tamayo, so Y/N didn't have to worry about the pink-haired demon going hungry, considering he was also snoozing away.

Swiftly moving downstairs after slipping on their haori and grabbing a few of their important things, deeming their Nichirin sword unnecessary for just going out for food, Y/N wandered the streets that were still bustling with people. Searching for a good food stall, Y/N's mouth watered at all the delicious food, wondering what they should eat.

Until they saw a stall that were selling bentos, reminding them of the mission with Kyoujuro. Smiling slightly, they made their way to the stall and asked for a couple of bentos - some for the journey ahead... running takes a long of energy, even with Total Concentration Breathing Constant.

After paying the amount needed, Y/N slowly made their way back to the inn. It's not often that the h/c haired had to stay in an inn for a mission, usually resting at a specific house for Demon Slayers, that were hosted by families, or elderly people, like Hisa.

'Wonder how Hisa's doing...' Y/N shrugged to themselves as they opened the door to their room. The first thing Y/N saw was Akaza propped up on the bed sideways, hand holding his head up, hair ruffled from sleep and half-lidded eyes, some blood smudged on his chin. His usual cut haori on the floor, showing his whole chest to the world... Thankfully his pants were still on.