chapter 28.

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

❝ i want to reach the top, i felt my answer,
the new wave surging through my veins,
my overwhelming passion,
don't care about those past troubles, you all know. ❞

- fearless, le sserafim.

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

"UMAI!"

Y/N sighed fondly for the umpteenth time since both Hashira had woken up. Kyoujuro and Y/N were stopped by the bento-sellers before getting on the train earlier, and unsurprisingly, the Flame Pillar bought every single last one of the bentos.

Don't get Y/N wrong, they loved bentos, but they weren't hungry. They were just tired. The Pillars could only get one room with one bed, so they had slept on the same bed together and ended up cuddling.

It would've been amazing, if Y/N hadn't kept waking up every few hours due to memories resurfacing. The Moon Pillar was sure that recalling this many memories meant something was about to happen, so they ended up staying awake in Kyoujuro's warm arms trying to decipher what was happening.

And that brings them to where they are now; on the train, with Kyoujuro eating and yelling every few seconds.

"He's going through those bento's so fast..." Y/N murmured to themselves, mildy amused at the display.

They were sat next to him, looking out of the window, and occasionally glancing at Kyoujuro. Even though his yells did startle them sometimes, the typical Rengoku Kyoujuro smile was gracing his face.

He was too cute for his own good, sometimes.

A few minutes passed, and Y/N heard the telltale signs of the door opening and closing, which wasn't unusual if it weren't for the three familiar voices that became more apparent as they walked closer.

"UMAI!"

"Um, excuse me..."

"Umai!"

"R-Rengoku-san?"

Y/N sweatdropped at the scene in front of them, as Kyoujuro turned at stared at them, yelling "UMAI!"

"Pftt..." Y/N covered their face as they let out a quiet giggle.

"Uh, we really get that part already..." Tanjiro sweatdropped.

Y/N sighed and picked up the empty bento boxes that Kyoujuro had had and helped the two ladies clean it up as Kyoujuro spoke to Tanjiro.

"Thank you," The two ladies spoke, making Y/N nod at them and walk back towards the other Slayers.

"And you're the kid from that day at the Oyakata-sama's."

"Yes. I'm Kamado Tanjiro," Tanjiro replied, lifting his arm out to gesture to the two Slayers with him as Y/N settled back down next to Kyoujuro, "And they are my fellow Demon Slayers, Agatsuma Zenitsu and Hashibira Inosuke."